Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will 265/75r16s fit on my dually if I add a half inch spacer?
Is any body running this setup?

Thanks,
STROKER

·
Registered
601 Posts
a friend has 35s on his dmax dually with spacers and a 6"lift

·
Registered
3,408 Posts
I've heard it said that spacers can work, but if your gonna really use the truck to haul, not to use 'em. I have no personal experiance, but am interested in the same question... small spacer, to allow slightly larger tires, is a mod I'd like to try at some point. But with my DRW and 9' utility bed, I'm running at 10K to 12K daily, with a trailer of another 10K from time to time. Larger tires would look great, but I know I can't go overboard.

I look forward to the feed back from thoes who have tried...

Greg

·
Premium Member
9,603 Posts
I run 265 75 16's on my rig with no spacers and have never had a problem with tire rub while the truck is loaded or pulling a trailer! If you keep tires aired properly you wont have any problems.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cool! I think I'll try the 265s.

·
Premium Member
18,040 Posts
a friend has 35s on his dmax dually with spacers and a 6"lift
Ok, I just have to ask......What does your friend and his Maxipad Dually and 35s have anything to do with his question?

I have seen plenty of people run 265s with no probs on their duallys. I have even sen 285s with no probs. Most run a little spacer with the 285s though. I know with 35s your gonna have to run a good size spacer. probably 1.5-2 inch.

·
Registered
601 Posts
i wasnt sure what size a 265 was in inchs. i was just throughing it out there...wasnt sure if it would help but i knew it wouldnt hurt. and he does use the truck for towing his 10k toyhauler and hasnt had any probs...

·
Premium Member
9,603 Posts
i wasnt sure what size a 265 was in inchs. i was just throughing it out there...wasnt sure if it would help but i knew it wouldnt hurt. and he does use the truck for towing his 10k toyhauler and hasnt had any probs...
Just an FYI pretty much any tire bigger than 33" uses the actual size in description. 33" and smaller use the mm size (265, 275 etc...)

·
Registered
601 Posts
it is just that everything i deal with is in inchs...my toyota has 31s, jeep has 32's and SD has 35s so i have never delt with metric.
thanks for the info tough :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts