Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i recently installed a new HPOP in my truck and i did a couple hard runs. the truck accelerates alot better but no matter what i have my chip set at i can only push the turbo to 26 pounds. In 140 horse its quick to spool but wont push above that. Im thinkin i have a boost leek but other thatn that i dont know what else it could be:dunno:. Help me out. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
5,008 Posts
check for exhaust leaks, check your intercooler boots, un plug your waste gate, do you have a boost fooler? it may be defueling if you dont.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I can hit 28 with with my EDGE, but 26 is about right for a stock turbo.
If your PCM is defueling you need a boost fooler.
try disconnecting the red line on the wastegate and plugging it, and tightening the wastegate a few turns, that may get you another 1-3 lbs of boost.

·
Premium Member
3,578 Posts
My stock turbo would make 32 psi easy with my $1 boost fooler on it. My new D-66 turbo makes 27 psi but a butt load more power. PSI does not equal power and when you get over 26 the life of the turbo will suffer.

Come to think of it back way before I did any mods or knew much about my powerstroke I tightened the wastegate rod a few turns. Made no difference then but I didn’t have enough mods to get over 20 psi anyway. That may be why I could get 32 after the chip and stuff.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i have a boost fooler and the red line hooked to one of the intercooler clamps. I dont feel it defueling cause it pull hard to about 80.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
so i found today in my search for a boost leak that i dont have any leaks and everything is tight. i actually found that my compressor wheel is trashed, all the fins to the outside are worn and rounded off. Is there a wheel that i can buy to replace this one or should i have it rebuilt? i cant belive i didnt check it sooner :dunno:.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
HELP!!!!!!!!! please:)

·
duct tape & zip ties
10,761 Posts
You can buy the wicked wheel if you want. Or if you want the newer wheel just let me know. The newer wheel comes on the 99.5-2003 7.3L turbos. It is different then the 96-99 7.3L.

You can get the ww from a few vendors on here for about 80 bucks.

·
Berm Buster
527 Posts
Looks like it might be time for the beans d66 that you have as one of your future mods. I guess now would be the time to do it

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I would love to put a D66 on it but i leave for boot camp in a month and a half so im just tryin to skate buy if i decide to go bigger when i get out of tech school. If a wicked wheel will work for sure ill order one now. Im racing on the 19th at a local track and i dont wanna be dissapointed. well to much.

·
Registered
2 Posts
2003 7.3l 4x4 crew cab sb with a 4 inch turbo back and afe stage one filter with a superchip flash paq all i can get is 20 psi. i drove one of my buddys truck and he has a s&b filter and a older superchip with no exhaust and his truck will run circles around mine
any ideas 1rst gear slow 2nd goes 3rd goes

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
sorry bud i need help.

·
Registered
5,008 Posts
the wicked wheel will work for ya.

·
Registered
5,008 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
have you checked your exhast back pressure sensor? mine did the same thing and the tube was rusted out .also the sensor was pluged up. replace both and i get 40 psi on stock turbo!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts