Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got off the phone with my local Ford Dealer. He wants $250 just to do the diagnostic. This seems awfully high to me, but since this is the first diesel and also first truck I've owned, I have no comparison. What do you think? Is this a normal price for a diagnosis from a Dealer?

·
Registered
663 Posts
He paid 3500. to 6000. for the pc tool to do it, why would you think it should be free?

·
International Threat
13,087 Posts
Well before you go doing all of that, maybe try giving us the info on your truck and the problems....

Diagnostics seem to be around 100 or less around here.

·
Registered
659 Posts
they should charge no more than 1 hour labor.so about 100 dollars

·
What u talkin bout willis
2,724 Posts
He paid 3500. to 6000. for the pc tool to do it, why would you think it should be free?
YEA BUT HENS NOT JUST DOING ONE OR TWO IN THE LIFETIME OF THE COMPUTER.... IF IT WAS LIKE A TEN TIME USE ONLY THEN YEA I COULD SEE THAT PRICE. BUT I THINK HE JUST SUFFERS FROM CRANIAL RECTOSIS AND HES A SCHMUCK FIND ANOTHER LOCAL FORD DEALER AND LIKE MARTY SAID GIVE US THE PROBLEMS AND WE MAY BE ABLE TO TELL YA THE ISSUE

they should charge no more than 1 hour labor.so about 100 dollars
AGREE

·
Premium Member
18,040 Posts
My AE should be here today, so i dont have to pay the dealer anything for diag. I just do it myself!

But, do post up your problems here. There are many knowledgeable people on here that can help you out cheaper than a dealer alot of times!

·
What u talkin bout willis
2,724 Posts
My AE should be here today, so i dont have to pay the dealer anything for diag. I just do it myself!

But, do post up your problems here. There are many knowledgeable people on here that can help you out cheaper than a dealer alot of times!
NOT WANTING A HIJACK BUT WHERE DO THEY SELL THOSE

·
Premium Member
17,255 Posts
I think ince they diagnose it, if you pay them for the repair, they wave the diagnosis fee?

·
Premium Member
18,040 Posts
Not at our dealerships they dont.

·
Premium Member
17,255 Posts
I have had them wave it before once i told them to fix it.
alot of times people get the diagnosis and decide they can fix it theirselves and the dealer has to charge something for there time.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
why would you think it should be free?
I never said that, thank you very much. :tard:

Anyways...thanks for the responses. Like many of you, I think a diagnosis should cost around $100 or so. I spoke to the dealer and he told me it was an estimate, and should only take an hour. I also was given a hard number for their hourly labor rate.

As far as posting my problem on the forum: I think I already know what it is. It is not starting well when has been sitting for hours, and is blowing a ton of white smoke when it starts. Glow Plugs?

·
Premium Member
18,040 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts