Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Another 6Slow
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 6.0 with eric's tunes and was wondering if it would keep with a 24 valve with an edge with attitude stacked with a smarty the dodge has a stock trannie, 5 inch exhaust and intake. PS. i have SCT water/meth, studs, EGR delete, built trannie, fuelsystem, intake, 4 inch exhaust if anyone has an idea if ill be able to keep up let me know i dont want to get spanked:icon_ford:

·
Premium Member
9,475 Posts
It will be closer than you think. If the dodge can put the power to the ground through his stock tranny I'll put my money on the cummins. That's the big question though. How much will the tranny take. Either way it'll be a close race and the only way you'll know is to line 'em up... At the track of course...:thumb:

On edit: I'm assuming you're talking about a 24v CR, not a VP pumped truck? If it's a 2nd gen with a VP pumped motor you'll eat his lunch.

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
ahhh idk about this one..my buddys truck rolls pretty good for a STOCK 02 24v

them cummins sure like to pull

·
Registered
235 Posts
Weight might be a determining factor here. Reg cab? Ext cab? Crew cab? Short bed? Long bed? Dually?

Whats the set-ups?

·
Registered
759 Posts
subscribing

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
bump.... maybe ive been hanging around the 6.4 forum too long but i'd say with what you have you should whip his a$$. especially if he has a stock tranny

·
Registered
759 Posts
bump.... maybe ive been hanging around the 6.4 forum too long but i'd say with what you have you should whip his a$$. especially if he has a stock tranny
thats what i was gonna say but im definitely no pro when it comes to diesels. i can look at two street cars and usually tell pretty well, but trucks i have no idea. :dunno:

·
Premium Member
1,025 Posts
I had a 1999 24v with a stock tranny, I had the edge and a smarty. The tranny is gunk. you have the win.

·
Premium Member
1,025 Posts
By the way, that's why I got a :icon_ford:.

·
Another 6Slow
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
thanks the truck is a 97 i think its vp pumped both trucks are extended cab short bed and SRW. thanks for the replys ill let you all know how it works out

·
Registered
265 Posts
thanks the truck is a 97 i think its vp pumped both trucks are extended cab short bed and SRW. thanks for the replys ill let you all know how it works out
it cant be a 97 if it were a a 97 it would be a 12v and 12vs are mechanical not electronically controlled... it may be a 98.5 which would make it a 24v VP pump.... and if he's running stock tranny stock LP and stock VP you'll have his lunch

·
Registered
228 Posts
if its a 97 its a 12v with mechanical fuel system, you cant chip it. now you may have the year wrong, and it could be a 98.5-01 or 02.. and those trucks all have the vp

·
Registered
265 Posts
arent 24v vp trucks only making like 375hp chipped?
an sct tuned 6.0 should be around 420hp plus the tranny is alot better.?.?

375 no.... they are only 285 factory so they wont be putting 375 to the ground with just a chip... not gonna happen... you may be thinking of a CR which 03-04 is a 305 factory hp and 04.5 to 07 was a 325 factory... but no way a VP truck is gonna be 375 with programmer/chip only

·
a truck
13,142 Posts
you will beat him, I guarantee it, I just beat my buddies 2000 24v with edge comp, fass 150, built trans, 150hp injectors, 62/74/13 turbo. and Im close to the power a custom tuned 6.0 should make there is no way you shouldnt beat that truck

·
Registered
759 Posts
sorry to jack but i was just wondering what 6.0 puts down stock and what it puts down with a custom tuned sct?

·
Registered
429 Posts

·
Another 6Slow
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
yah it must be a 98 or 99 i dont know my a#$ from my elbow on those trucks but i know for sure its a 24 valve and its not a commonrail

1 - 20 of 67 Posts