Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to due injectors and turbo upgrade in the next few weeks. I was wondering if the 238's were gonna be to much for a d66. I do have a t500 hpop and a ts chip I will send out for custom tunes. I'm thinking I may need some trans upgrades too. What do you think? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
I think that'd be a pretty solid setup. The only thing I would recommend is check your fuel psi. With a healthy pump I held fuel psi on 180s but the guy I sold those to said his dropped pretty quick. You may want to look into a different fuel pump setup.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
T500 not enough?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Fuel pump not hpop.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I ran a Holley blue pump a couple of my 24v's with success, would that push enough fuel for a powerstroke?

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Don't know what they flow. I'd look at the walbro pump or a bosch 044. That will be a pretty sweet setup. Only other issue I see is at that level you may want to look into studs and valve springs as a precaution.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's rated for 110 gph.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've read that with this combo I should be pushing no more than 32 pounds of boost. I thought head studs were recommended for over 40?

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
How would the d66 and stock injectors run? The problem is I only have $4000 to spend. Don't know if I should do injectors or turbo?

·
Registered
250 Posts
I don't think the stock turbo will last long with the 238s as well be running out of the efficiency of the turbo. You might look around and find a used turbo in good condition and get more than the d66 keep your eye out and if your not in a hurry there is some good deals to be had.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That's what I was thinking. I may go with a t4 set up and run the stock injectors for awhile till I get funds to do the injectors.

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Right now I have a van turbo on while I wait for the d66 compressor side and I can hit 40psi. 238s have a enough fuel to come close to that. If not the same, tuning and keeping cylinder pressure down will be the biggest thing. You can always try up pick up a used set of injectors and you will have more money for supporting mods. Hybrids can do a lot of damage if you don't have supporting mods. HP is never cheap on these motors.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That's what I may have to do. Do irates t4 conversion and run the s366. And do injectors down the road.

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Yeah. You can also look at a h2e. They are proven turbos too

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I guess the main question is will the h2e or the s366 work while I saved up for injectors? Btw. Thanks for the replies everyone. New to powerstrokes, I was a die hard cummins guy.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I guess the main question is will the h2e or the s366 work while I saved up for injectors? Btw. Thanks for the replies everyone. New to powerstrokes, I was a die hard cummins guy.
They will definitely work! That's what I just did. Except instead of the s366 I got the Bell HFSB from Pius. Spools super quick and egt's are awesome. Can't wait to get some injectors now! :rofl:

·
Banned
5,630 Posts
How would the d66 and stock injectors run? The problem is I only have $4000 to spend. Don't know if I should do injectors or turbo?
dude you can do a LOT with the stock turbo on these trucks. Properly setup and tuned trucks w/ stock turbos and stage II's can hit 450whp all day.

H2e is a disgusting turbo.

Glad you saw the light and got rid of the Cummer.

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
H2e is a solid turbo that is proven. I would like to run one when I switch to a t4 mount. Also the stock turbo is pretty much Macedonia out with just a tune. I wore out a stock turbo in around 5k miles on 180s

·
Registered
8,710 Posts
What year is your truck ?and do you have head studs, Fordged rods, VS's and a built trans...big Inj's will kill your trans real quick.

Modded h2e is best for 238's..and will work with your stock Inj's. We have a kit.

Cary

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
What year is your truck ?and do you have head studs, Fordged rods, VS's and a built trans...big Inj's will kill your trans real quick.

Modded h2e is best for 238's..and will work with your stock Inj's. We have a kit.

Cary
It's an e99. Yes, I have forged rods. I will have the trans done. I just can't do turbo and injectors at the same time. Should I do a turbo or injectors? What size injectors? Thanks.

1 - 20 of 93 Posts