Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put 22x14 with 33x12.50 on my truck a couple weeks ago. It had a 1.5" leveling kit in the front and no rear block. I still wanted it wider so I went up another 1.5" to a 3" leveling kit and put 2" spacers on.

1.5" level, 22x14 no spacers

3" level, 22x14 2" spacers

Reactions: Dieseldawg2010

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's called a wiper valance. I picked mine up on ebay for around $125

·
Registered
284 Posts
Really like the look of that valance! Might get one for my white truck, is it remove able ? Do you know if they are paintable ?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
Yea I keep putting one in my cart, but can't seem to pull the tigger....not sure how it will look on a truck that's not black...I got a brown truck and worried about how it will go together...

·
Registered
284 Posts
Yeah I read about them on eBay, there was only one seller for them. Said it was applied with double sides 3m tape which to me would make it not easily removable even though it states it can be removed haha

·
Hate stupid people
8,761 Posts
Is this the look the kids like today???
Tires sticking outside the fenders more than in?
What about all the stress added to the front ball joints with all the weight outside, prematurely wearing them out, even if they are new?

Not worried about ruining your paint with rock chips? Along with dents and dings?

·
Registered
904 Posts
What about all the stress added to the front ball joints with all the weight outside, prematurely wearing them out, even if they are new?

Not worried about ruining your paint with rock chips? Along with dents and dings?
Yes and people just buy new parts more often its not like turning a 33+ " tire is easy anyways. Never saw a pair of r22 33x12.5's though looks great! I am going to do this with 35's someday. Any fender trimming necessary and what spacers do you use?

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
damn I cant find that wiper valance....found it, wiper cowl. How does the 3m tape hold up?

·
Registered
284 Posts
eBay is the only place I could find it. And it was still hard to narrow down

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
yeah, look under wiper cowl.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Sorry my email notifications have been going to spam and I just now checked them.

The wiper cowl is held down by a 3m Velcro called "dual loc" or something like that. It installs in about 5 minutes max and removes in about a minute max. I do believe they are paintable as it feels like a plastic/thick vinyl or something.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

Yeah, this is pretty much what people are moving towards. My last truck had 16x12s and 38x15.50.

Yes, it may wear parts more rapidly but what truck modification doesn't do this? As long as there has been a vehicle, people have been "ruining" them, so to speak.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yes and people just buy new parts more often its not like turning a 33+ " tire is easy anyways. Never saw a pair of r22 33x12.5's though looks great! I am going to do this with 35's someday. Any fender trimming necessary and what spacers do you use?
Yeah, I had to cut a good amount to clear this setup. The wheel spacers are from rough country, at the bottom of their homepage is a link their scratch and dent eBay store. That is where I got them. They were $75/set I believe because of the scratch and dent.

If you want to see how I trimmed, DM me your number and I can text you pictures. I get tired of photobucket and all that crap

1 - 15 of 15 Posts