Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I had my first week with my new (to me) truck and I was going to run one tank right down and get an idea of the fuel economy to expect... well I got a decent surprise..

50-50 mixed highway, city driving I got 451 km to 48 liters of diesel

9.4 km per liter, or 22 MPG! :woot::woot:

I put the 6637 giant air filter on 100 km ago and the truck already had a straight pipe replacing the cat... Next I do the downpipe and hopefully I can do even better :D...

Oh and all my highway driving was at 55-60mph...

·
Infidel
5,166 Posts
Always good when you can squeeze the most mpg's out of these trucks. Enjoy.
Craig

·
Registered
771 Posts
they were originally rated 17 to 22 mpg on the window sticker IIRC...

·
Registered
642 Posts
Yea but with the ULSD is nocks off about 2-3 mpg according to MOST.. So, 22 is outstanding!

·
Registered
511 Posts
Most HD trucks at ?? 8500GVW and up didn't get MPG ratings, I thought.

You guys with the 5spds gt a few more MPG than us auto people. I think mine did 17 or so doing 65mph but I don't think I could do 55mph.

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
Most HD trucks at ?? 8500GVW and up didn't get MPG ratings, I thought.

You guys with the 5spds gt a few more MPG than us auto people. I think mine did 17 or so doing 65mph but I don't think I could do 55mph.
the best i have been able to do with my OBS auto is 18 mpg (with 4.10 rears). that was a really really good day.

·
Registered
771 Posts
My dad and three of his friends/coworkers all bought new 96/97's years ago because they didnt like the body style change that was coming for the 99's. I was talking to one last weekend about it, as well as my dad swears by it, they were 17 to 22 mpg rated. I have no problem getting 20-21 going 65-70... I clock it everytime I drive out to my ranch. Dont think i could to 55-60 LOL.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I just bought my 95 and have only put a few hundred on it so far, but mileage seems OK. I put in 12 gallons or so last week and by the odometer it put me right around 15 mpg, but that was all around town with no highway. Been doing some highway over the last few days (60-65 mph) so I'll be curious to see what I get. The truck has 160cc injectors and tons of other mods, 4.10 gears (which I'm not too psyched about, but we'll see how they do) and a 4 pos TW chip. I'm looking to have the chip re-burned with some better MPG programs instead of all the high-perf programs it has in it now. I'm really hoping to get the 18-20 that the seller told me it would get, but all and all it won't matter that much as I'm going to convert to WVO in the next few weeks.

·
Registered
4,241 Posts
man you guys are gettin great mileage. im only gettin 15 to 16 and i drive 60 to 65 mph to keep my rpms down @ 2000. seems like when i put the afe and sct on my mileage dropped about 4 mpgs less. my truck only weighs 5500 pds too.

·
International Threat
13,087 Posts
I don't think the 4.30's are helping you at all.

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
Awesome getting 22 mpg's, i'm getting 19 consistently.

·
Registered
888 Posts
they were originally rated 17 to 22 mpg on the window sticker IIRC...
No, that is incorrect, they do not rate Diesel Trucks, they would have said NA or something along those lines, but they did not have a rating by FORD. :thumb:

Here is a newer one for the 08 Harley ;)

·
Registered
5,534 Posts
We just got an 02 larrait DRW 4x4 and just took it on a 1000 round trip, and at 85+ basically the whole way we averaged over 20mpgs... its amazing. my 99 only gets 10

·
Registered
234 Posts
Good job on 22mpg's mine is steady 14 city 18 hwy with5spd/4.10's I can live with that

·
Registered
771 Posts
Well maybe not on the window sticker, its been a long time, but the guys that I know that bought them new swear by a 17-22 rating.

No, that is incorrect, they do not rate Diesel Trucks, they would have said NA or something along those lines, but they did not have a rating by FORD. :thumb:

Here is a newer one for the 08 Harley ;)

·
Registered
771 Posts
...i changed that right after i posted it, you musta caught it quick.

·
Registered
771 Posts
I was never positive about the window sticker part... thats why I put IIRC( if i remember correctly) in my first post.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts