Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
887 Posts
Also with how things are going in the Industry. You will need to buy the! HPTuner software and self tune. All of the commercial tuners are going emissions on tuning only now in light of the crackdown.

·
Premium Member
850 Posts
This is why I just picked up a new 2019... I bought an early 2017 and it took forever to get a tune for that and even then the tunes took a while to get down pat. The GM L5P is the same way I just traded in a 2019 Denali Dually because of this crap. Guess I'll have my 2019 for quite a while.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Why even touch the internals? The 6.7 improvements will increase how much cylinder pressure the engine can take and more fuel on tap. You will not be able to change anything on the drivetrain until tuning arrives. HP tuners will likely be at the head of the game in building the software. If your planning on really building one of these engines I hope you have deep deep pockets. Since it is not a new engine there is alot of info on the 6.7 out there and how to build them for big power.
I concur.
If this platform comes out with the power it's rumored to there would be no need to mess with any internals. We are talking about a 500/1000(1100?) motor in stock form, I'll guarantee they left room. I would wait to see how the new 10 speed transmission holds out before worrying about internals, just my .02 cents.

The L5P Duramax up until just recently didn't have any performance/tuning market because it was a brand new platform. Once the tuning/performance manufacturers realize the market they will start bringing stuff out slowly. With a brand new platform that wont be coming out until November (rumor) and Ford being fairly vague on info up to this point I can't see anyone messing with anything until mid to late 2020. Gale Banks likes to stay "in the know" and current so if anyone has a jump on development it will be him

Good luck and keep us posted

21 - 23 of 23 Posts