Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Are they both SRW? I’m assuming they are since they are GVWR of 12,400. That is pretty good if they are. The extra 1,000 lbs of payload will be nice.

·
Super Moderator
8,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, both SRW trucks added on edit. I wanted to post these as I know people will be asking those questions. Some will want to see differences in trim levels/options...etc etc.

I'm surprised as to the numbers myself compared to the DRW showing 5,413 lbs payload. Not to mention the numbers above reflect a SRW curb weight of something around 7,900lbs. This is gaining a 500+lb (if not more) difference over some of the older trucks which helps.

·
Super Moderator
2001 Ford F350, 7.3L, 4R100, CC, LB, SRW
19,188 Posts
So..."Platinum" is a heavier metal. That would account for the 48lb difference! :hehe:

:joke: - I'm sure the "P" version has some gizmos the "L/SP" doesn't have.

Those are good #s. My '01 isn't close. But I don't have a truck payment either.

·
Super Moderator
8,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Those numbers are what is given as the payload capacity you should be able to carry for each truck. So the Platinum can carry more...albeit 48lbs.

I didn't go down the window sticker to do a "one-for-one" option comparison. On first glance the trucks were damn close to identical: Snow PLow, Aux Heat, 5th wheel prep, 4wd, etc etc etc

So it's not that big a difference between trim lines. I just wanted to post what I have been finding. I may find and post the F350 DRW trucks and F450 trucks just to see where the numbers fall out.

·
Super Moderator
8,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Next in line: 2020 F450 6.7L Crew Cab Long Bed DRW with King Ranch trim. Interesting to see 4,782lbs payload, but then again those are big hips. LOL

·
Premium Member
189 Posts
Next in line: 2020 F450 6.7L Crew Cab Long Bed DRW with King Ranch trim. Interesting to see 4,782lbs payload, but then again those are big hips. LOL

In Spanish slang, the drw model is referred to as a petacona (big butt)...whatever the name, they sure cruise down the highway comfortably...

·
Super Moderator
28,718 Posts
thats almost enough to haul ( within capacity ) a standard upscale slide in camper ( lance/arctic fox etc with maybe 1 slide

pretty good considering the past capacities you almost needed a 2 wd single cab dually ,,

·
Premium Member
625 Posts
Did I read that right? A DRW KR was only about 200lb more payload over they Platinum SRW?

So now CC F350 short bed is up if anyone see one.

·
Super Moderator
8,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
@Fishsizzle: Yes, the F450 DRW shows a load capacity only 200lbs+/- over a F350 SRW.

I was trying to find a F350 CC SB with the door stickers pictured, nothing yet.

As far as the trim level I was including that as to show if there was any significant difference between somewhat identical trucks. At this point trim levels don't seem to matter much at all. It's hard to find dealers that include pics of the door stickers. So I just try to make sure they are pretty close from the pics they do post.

·
Premium Member
625 Posts
@Fishsizzle: Yes, the F450 DRW shows a load capacity only 200lbs+/- over a F350 SRW.

I was trying to find a F350 CC SB with the door stickers pictured, nothing yet.

As far as the trim level I was including that as to show if there was any significant difference between somewhat identical trucks. At this point trim levels don't seem to matter much at all. It's hard to find dealers that include pics of the door stickers. So I just try to make sure they are pretty close from the pics they do post.
Yeah I’m shocked that the trim levels are so close. Usually the more stuff on the KR/Plat took the numbers down

I’d be a serious shopper if a short bed breaks 3500k payload on higher packages

·
Registered
879 Posts
My 450 STX crew cab 4x4 with some options is stickered to 5177 lbs.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I researched payload numbers before I ordered my 2020 F-350 SRW Lariat with Sport package. The GVWR of the SB is 11,500# vs the LB at 12,400#. The SB has around a 3500# payload bs the 4500# for the long bed. Not sure why the long bed has more payload in the 350’s when it’s the opposite with the 250’s. I’m looking at buying a 5th wheel trailer with a 3500# hitch weight and this truck will be my daily so I wanted to make sure I’m within my payload capacity. Attached are the payload stickers of a 350 LB they had on their lot. They also had a SB but I didn’t snap a picture of the sticker unfortunately.

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
Why does the long bed have about an additional 1,000 lbs of payload? Seems like a lot of difference from a SWB for a few inches.

·
Super Moderator
8,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Because the 250's are 10000#'s maximum GVWR, and 350's SRW go up to 12400#'s

We are only talking about SRW F350s, not trying to compare 250s to 350s. SRW F350s can be ordered up with the 11,500LB rating. Which is not what we want to see. If a SB truck will only come as 11.5k that might be a deciding factor for some people.

I knew I should have lot surfed for the F350 SRW SB trucks to get some numbers.

·
Super Moderator
8,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Why does the long bed have about an additional 1,000 lbs of payload? Seems like a lot of difference from a SWB for a few inches.

That's what we are trying to determine. The SB trucks may be forcing the 11.5k GVWR over the 12.4k GVWR LB trucks.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Long bed trucks have a longer wheel base, that allows for better weight distributing between front and rear axle, that is one of the reasons for higher pay load

·
Super Moderator
8,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Long bed trucks have a longer wheel base, that allows for better weight distributing between front and rear axle, that is one of the reasons for higher pay load

That was never an issue/reason with the older trucks. Yes, one could change the GVWR as a order option but it was never driven by bed length. So while your statement is good for a mathematical answer, it's not a good answer for why Ford changed the script.

Fellas it seems as Ford might be doing something different with the 2020 line. I found 2 F350s both SB trucks showing 11.5k GVWR. No payload stickers showing, just the door sticker. Window stickers show 11,500 GVWR Package. Seems odd to order it up that way but since there is a 11.5k package option I could guess it was ordered. If it's a forced option due to the SB selection that kind of sucks.

https://www.billfickfordhuntsville.com/new/Ford/2020-Ford-Super+Duty+F-350+SRW-f15cdf950a0e0a6b432030c0bb872dc6.htm?utm_source=autotrader.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=autotrader_listings

https://www.billfickfordhuntsville.com/new/Ford/2020-Ford-Super+Duty+F-350+SRW-f68357b80a0e0a174295f2ab167c18e8.htm?utm_source=autotrader.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=autotrader_listings

1 - 20 of 37 Posts