Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I assume the Gassers section is the best place to find info on the new 7.3. I haven't come across much on this forum. I am specifically interested in RV towing. I have a 15k # 5th wheel toy hauler and considering a 2020 F350 CCSB 7.3 to replace my 2013 F350 6.7. My 2013 has been an excellent truck and easily tows my hauler. Curious how this 7.3 would be. If anyone has one now and is pulling please chime in. Are there other sections or forums you guys would recommend?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
236 Posts
I assume the Gassers section is the best place to find info on the new 7.3. I haven't come across much on this forum. I am specifically interested in RV towing. I have a 15k # 5th wheel toy hauler and considering a 2020 F350 CCSB 7.3 to replace my 2013 F350 6.7. My 2013 has been an excellent truck and easily tows my hauler. Curious how this 7.3 would be. If anyone has one now and is pulling please chime in. Are there other sections or forums you guys would recommend?

The 7.3 (gas) engine sounds very interesting and might fill a need for the mid-level towing weights but at 15k, I think you would be happier staying with the 6.7. Not that you couldn't do it with the 7.3, I was towing close to your weight in the early nineties using a Chevy 454 which had way less torque & hp than the new Ford 7.3.

·
Registered
25 Posts

The 7.3 (gas) engine sounds very interesting and might fill a need for the mid-level towing weights but at 15k, I think you would be happier staying with the 6.7. Not that you couldn't do it with the 7.3, I was towing close to your weight in the early nineties using a Chevy 454 which had way less torque & hp than the new Ford 7.3.
I’d have to respectfully disagree. I’ve seen some of the tfl video’s of them towing 15,500lbs and the truck seems to cruise and pull with no problems....in the earlier days of gassers with a 4speed with OD the engine would be screaming to try to maintain speed. 20yrs later singing along at 4,000rpms isn’t too bad imho. I just ditched mine for this beauty. No more worries about drive to clean exhaust filter, extended drive times to ensure truck is warmed up all the way, fuel filters, 5 gallons of donkey piss every x,xxx miles, grenading fuel pumps, lower oil pans leaking, bad diesel fuel, clogged dpf filters, clogged upper intakes, clogged egr, turbo taking a shat.....just my humble opinion.

Attachments

·
Registered
8,457 Posts

@psdl6.0

These guys hooked up a 14.7k gooseneck stock trailer and recorded it. May help you with your decisison. Its focus of economy but the video shows how the truck does in general etc

https://www.tfltruck.com/2020/01/2020-ford-f-250-7-3l-v8-towing-and-unloaded-real-world-highway-mpg-review-video/

·
Premium Member
236 Posts
Personally. I hope the 7.3 is a huge success and offers a solid alternative for folks who tow heavy, but It’s gonna take more than that video provides to convince me.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts