Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

21 - 40 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Doesn't sound too bad in the grand scheme of things. As stated, that will probably be easier to sell to someone down the line as well, for the sheer fact it has Raptor in the name.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I sold my 2012 6.7 with a 4” bds lift and 37” tires. Fully modified with turbo and all. Bought a 2018 lariat 6.7 and other than a few tuning modifications I will leave it stock.
I was happy to get out of a lifted truck that had grown rather loud over the years as well😅.
I drive 200miles a day and tow 6k lbs daily. I’m really liking this lariat and couldn’t see buying a f150.
But you know at the end of the day do what ya like I’m not gonna be making your payment 🏻

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Friends neighbor bought a brand new 2013 6.2 and loved it. Recently traded in for a new '18 and he loved them both. Said he misses the sound of the 6.2, but the MPG's are a bit more with the EB and it does have plenty of power. He's looking into a Corsa catback or MBRP to help it out a little.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Did any thing ever come from this? Do you have pictures you are withholding??

·
Registered
103 Posts
wife wants a Raptor, but I told her to get an F-150 with the options she wants plus the 5.0 and I'll put on the goodies to make it like a Raptor with a blower for less money. she doesn't need a bed, but she loves the cab, the looks, etc except the 3.5 for sound. She has an Edge Sport and the rear seating is getting small for the kids when taking them to school and the kids LOVE taking a ride in my SD to school and back. sooo, it only makes sense to get an F-150 and make it how we want.

Scot "Zee"

·
Registered
800 Posts
wife wants a Raptor, but I told her to get an F-150 with the options she wants plus the 5.0 and I'll put on the goodies to make it like a Raptor with a blower for less money. she doesn't need a bed, but she loves the cab, the looks, etc except the 3.5 for sound. She has an Edge Sport and the rear seating is getting small for the kids when taking them to school and the kids LOVE taking a ride in my SD to school and back. sooo, it only makes sense to get an F-150 and make it how we want.

Scot "Zee"
I'm sure it'll be alot more fun to drive a forced induction 5.0 vs a "twin turbo v6". Plus that sounds like it would be fun to put ecoboost stickers on and race people :sly::sly::sly::sly:

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
The 5.0 truck motor is slightly different than the 5.0 in the Mustangs....however I've seen some vids online of coyote '150's and all I have to say is, damn.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Yeah, I tuned my dad's 2014 Super crew 5.5ft bed and it huals a**! More Power Tuning knows how to tune a coyote!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Totally agree with 5.0 in an F-150. sounds great and goes like stink!

as much as it sounds wicked to put Ecoboost badges on it, I'm thinking my wife would want to go "sleeper" so she can pee pee in a few folks wheaties. LOL

Scot "Zee"

·
Super Moderator
9,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
I'm sure it'll be alot more fun to drive a forced induction 5.0 vs a "twin turbo v6". Plus that sounds like it would be fun to put ecoboost stickers on and race people :sly::sly::sly::sly:

That's the same thing of sorts.

One is the process used, the other is how it's done. Forced induction as a process uses a variety of things to make it happen. The "how" it's done is determined by what equipment one would prefer with regard to forced induction.

Technically "Ecoboost" is a Ford term, but would apply generally regardless of what equipment you used on the motor.

·
Registered
800 Posts
The difference is about 1.5L and 2cyl. I'm aware that any form of boost is called forced induction. I'm just specifying that a whippled 5.0 is ALOT more fun than an ecoboost.

·
Super Moderator
9,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Guess I may be holding off a bit longer on the Raptor. The hardest part has been deciding based on the MPG's and maintenance.

Going to those new gassers the maintenance is SO crazy low and cheap. Basically it's oil changes and air filters. It's the MPGs that drop like crazy compared to my PSD especially city driving. I haven't seen great Raptor MPG reports over 14+ city while I easily see 16+ city. Money saved on maintenance just gets deferred over to the fuel costs.

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
It's all in the gearing. Which I find it funny it's so poor considering it's only a 4.10 with a 10spd. Maybe people are being cheap and only putting 87 in when it requires 93 I'm pretty sure. To the truck if it's tuned for 93, 87 is like water for it.

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
All part of their evil plan....Rule of thumb IMO, I would use 93. It's a H.O 3.5 turbo motor, give it what it needs. My '03 Marauder required 93 and that was just N/A.

·
Super Moderator
9,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Yea...I don't disagree. As I do know it's a H.O. 3.5L motor, just staying there's no requirement for octane rating by Ford. My wife's BMW does call for a specific octane rating.

I'm just stating that the comments I'm reading about MPGs are showing that it's less than 14 City. I'm pretty dang sure the posted info from those guys is GTG since they ALL will tell you don't buy one for MPGs. LOL My MPG concerns are just to give example as to where a PSD is now, what people can expect.

I think it's crazy my 9k truck gets better MPGs than a truck weighing 6k. I don't care about gearing as that's only part of the whole equation. Trans gearing, overall tire size, tire contact patch size...etc etc etc

Considering trying some Kings to improve my ride quality. Just hard to throw $3k in shocks on a truck I may not keep much longer than two years.

21 - 40 of 59 Posts