Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2019 f350 with 3800 miles today it went into regen on the interstate and stopped at 55% and didn’t finish it did start to rain but I didn’t think that would make it stop. I stayed on the interstate for 20 more miles and it didn’t change

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So you were driving along the interstate when you saw the regen stop with 55% left???
Yes and I was doing 65 it started raining so I don’t know if that had anything to do with it this is all new to me going to call dealership but we all know how that works

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Assuming you have the DPF% on your dash and that is what you are looking at, it does not go down to 0 every time. It doesn't ever stop at a particular number in my experience. Nor does it always start at a particular number (except "full", it always starts there). I have had it start as low as 65% and stop as high as 55%. The truck will start a regen cycle after 500ish miles no matter what. Ive been towing and had it start at 50%.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Assuming you have the DPF% on your dash and that is what you are looking at, it does not go down to 0 every time. It doesn't ever stop at a particular number in my experience. Nor does it always start at a particular number (except "full", it always starts there). I have had it start as low as 65% and stop as high as 55%. The truck will start a regen cycle after 500ish miles no matter what. Ive been towing and had it start at 50%.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok thanks just been very careful to try and let it do a full regen I added the Gage with four scan

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Ok thanks just been very careful to try and let it do a full regen I added the Gage with four scan
The truck will do what it needs to do :) Just drive it as you normally would. The DFP% is like stop signs- just a suggestion. It is not an absolute. I used to take a longer way home when the regens started. Not any more. I just drive it like I don't know. Never got a "drive to clean" warning yet.

·
Registered
274 Posts
I’ve had a regen stop at 45% while driving at highway speeds before. The next time I got into the truck it was down to 10%. No need to worry.

·
Registered
128 Posts
The truck will do what it needs to do :) Just drive it as you normally would. The DFP% is like stop signs- just a suggestion. It is not an absolute. I used to take a longer way home when the regens started. Not any more. I just drive it like I don't know. Never got a "drive to clean" warning yet.
I do the same...just turned over 5000 miles on the ticker last week and got a service on it.
Don't know if they didn't purge the air from the fuel lines properly from the factory or what but man when I drove it after they changed the oil and fuel filters it was a rocketship!

Throttle response has been the same since last week so I have to believe that's what it was.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts