Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2019 F250 crew cab seems to have front door seal issues or door movement over rougher paved roads. Was wondering if anyone else has noticed same issues or know if dealers have fix. I swear while driving over some of our rougher michigan roads I can hear the drivers door wiggle and move around on my very expensive new truck which worries me about what it will be like in a few years when that door seal becomes weaker with age.
Thanks for any help or info on this just not what I would expect for the money these trucks cost. It is a lariat.

·
Banned
1,332 Posts
2019 Xl crew cab here and haven’t noticed anything. My doors close very nicely. My buddy that is a big dodge guy even commented on it.

I too have been driving over the northern Wisconsin and upper peninsula of Michigan and them roads are absolute garbage!!!!!! Omg do they pay taxes up there!!!! Lol

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was questioning it hoping to see if it was common maybe with the new aluminum body Superduties flexing or moving around a little more than older steel body.

·
Banned
1,332 Posts
My coworker used to own a extended cab f150 and them things rattled. He upgraded to a lariat crew cab and his doors are nice and tight.

Bring it in and have them look at it. You could even consult with a reputable body shop to make
Sure ford is pushing you down the line. F it, you paid good money for that truck. Make them make it right.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I actually had this issues on my previous trucks. 2008 Lariat, 2011 Lariat and 2012 King Ranch did this. It's a simple fix though. Grab some tools and maker sure everything is tight. Loosen the door latch piece on the door (not the cab), slide it over a little, tighten it down and you should be good to go. Or you can go the dealer route.

My 2017 King Ranch has been solid from day one.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys!
I've got to take it in soon to the dealer for the 3 recent recalls so I guess I'll see how the dealer addresses it. Just looking for some insight from others before hand.

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
Have them check your doors out. My 2018 KR CC had a problem that just started a bit ago. When it is freezing the driver door would no latch closed. Took a bit till the truck was toasty warm inside before it would latch. My dealer did the recalls and also fixed the doors (all four). There is a known problem, Ford just hasn't implemented a recall yet according to my service manager.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well I made an apt with dealer today for this and recalls so I'll see what they do or say about it. I hope they are familiar with issue or have a fix. It just gives it a cheap feeling to hear it move around on a brand new expensive truck.I did double checked everything on door latch/hinge was tight and door is already flush with other body panels so don't see the need to adjust the striker in anymore. I read people talk about putting silicone surgical tubing in the door seals to make the seal denser but seams crazy for being brand new. We'll see

·
Premium Member
578 Posts
I had a problem with the passenger side door rattling a lot. Then one day it sounded like the door wasn't closed completely. I stopped and looked at it and noticed the door would shift up when I closed it. Come to find out the bolts holding the door were very loose. Several turns loose. I'm not sure if the thread locker failed or if the door had been previously messed with. I bought the truck used so there is no telling what happened. Scary none the less.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well I'm sorry to report back I'm disappointed in Ford dealership on door issues. They performed my recalls but did nothing with door. They checked everything and stated it is a normal characteristic of these trucks. Strange that the drivers door is the only one that shuters and moves around like it's not sealed up tight. Other 3 door appears normal. My salesman told me to come back and drive a new one on lot to see if it does the same thing. It's hard to except that Ford thinks this is normal good quality on a new expensive truck. I keep thinking how much worse it will get as seals wear and ages not to mention how bad it will rattle down dirt roads.

Anyone else see this in their 2017-2019 trucks??
Maybe it' issue with aluminum body??

·
Premium Member
11,496 Posts
No rattles on my '17.

I'm pretty sure you can adjust the latches. Not sure why the dealer wouldn't have at least tried.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yes you can adjust the door striker plate but the door is already adjusted flush with other body panels so it would tuck it in farther. I'm not satisfied I'm going to drive a new truck on their lot tonight and see if it moves around over bumps to push issue.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well I went back to dealer and drove a new truck off lot with Technician and then mine to prove they don't all make the noise of the door moving around in seal. They finally agree it's not correct and making appointment to fix it next week.

On a side note I test drove a 2020 F250 powerstroke with new 10 speed trans and glad my 19 has the tried and true 6 speed. It had such a delay hunting for gears any time I throttle into it. It felt like turbo lag or no throttle as it figured out what gear to choose.

·
Banned
1,332 Posts
I gotta get out there and try out one of them 10 speeds. See the difference.

Great idea in comparing your truck to a new truck, smart thinking!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I would definitely advise waiting a year on new truck purchase allowing Ford to fix and workout bugs on that 10 speed. It feels strong up shifting from dead stop keeping turbo in sweet spot but total confused turd with any down shifting. You would die passing someone with lag in gear searching lol. My salesman said many complains on the 2020 transmissions with customer.

·
Banned
1,332 Posts
I purposely had a 2019 built with the 6 speed because I found out that the 2020 was going to be the revised engine with a 10 speed.

I here ya but I still want to test drive one and see what all the internet hype is about.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I'm with you. That's the same reason I searched for exactly what I wanted in a 2019 back in August because I was afraid of ordering a 2020 with the all new redesigned 10 speed.
Yes I'd definitely suggest test driving a new one. I'll be honest it rips the tires loose rolling into it at low speeds. It definitely feels torqueier with the shorter gears keeping the turbo lit. It wasn't until cruising around at 40 a couple times that the trans would be in 8th and when I throttled into it or floored it it had a long pause and lag trying to figure out what to do.
I thinks it will be a bad *** trans once they get it all figured out!

·
Registered
1 Posts
my 2019 F250 SRW does the same thing, colder temperatures it sounds a little more worn out and creeky... but i'd say that all my Ford trucks have sounded kind of like that. I've started to notice the sound of shifting in the sun-roof glass panels as well when transition from flat ground to a slope if its great enough. Pretty sure its designed to flex and all, but the sound just gets under your skin a little. Dealer told me that over time as the seals and all that relax, everything needs to be adjusted to tighten everything back up.

·
Banned
1,332 Posts
I had my 19 built to my taste. I only had 2 weeks to spare but got all my goodies in my 19. No frills, just a boss standard XL work horse, granted the MSRP still rattled up to $58K. So far I love it but already hate the stupid Goverment fluid business, can't wait to get rid of that nuisance.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts