Premium Member
4,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
After this I realized a DRW probably the way to go

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
After this I realized a DRW probably the way to go

What is that story behind that? What kind of tire? how much was the hitch weight? I just bought a toy hauler and would like to do some light off paved road with it but don't want to blow a tire. The trail your on doesn't look that rough.

·
Premium Member
4,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
That’s the side if I-15 in Utah as I pulled off to change tire. It blew going 75 on fwy. We had been camping the weekend and I did about a 15 mile off road moderate trail with truck, maybe damanged a tire? I dunno. My hitch weight with only the load that day was 2500 but can be 3500 if fully loaded.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Wow man! I hope everybody was ok. That's what scares me when towing heavy. When I weighed our toyhauler after a trip (gcvw 27,960 lbs) I realized I was past the rear tire rating (e range 121 index) by like 700 lbs. I upgraded tires right away (e range 129 index). I towed the same toyhauler with a buddy's 2017 ram 3500 drw and couldn't believe the stability difference. That pretty much sold me and hence why I've been looking at a f350/f450. The larger brakes and wide track front end pretty much has me convinced f450 is the way to go.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
634 Posts
Wow man! I hope everybody was ok. That's what scares me when towing heavy. When I weighed our toyhauler after a trip (gcvw 27,960 lbs) I realized I was past the rear tire rating (e range 121 index) by like 700 lbs. I upgraded tires right away (e range 129 index). I towed the same toyhauler with a buddy's 2017 ram 3500 drw and couldn't believe the stability difference. That pretty much sold me and hence why I've been looking at a f350/f450. The larger brakes and wide track front end pretty much has me convinced f450 is the way to go.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
Same boat. Upgraded to F Toyo 35 MT. But still, Dually is way to go and will be trading in the Short Bed for either a 350 or 450. I’m following here to see if a 450 is going to be ok, or will a 350 do.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I hated the idea of owning a dually. I've never even owned a truck before. I knew with the size of the RV I was getting that I would have to own a DRW. Now I don't even know what I was thinking. The truck is super easy to drive and pretty easy to park. Tows like a dream. 2018 F350 DRW

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
634 Posts
Out of the shop to turn around!
Now I’m really stoked. That’s what I want to do with the front wheel/tire combo. Ditch the Dually wheels and go with a Negative offset, maybe not stick out quite as far. I figured as a spare a Dually wheel would be fine on either front or back.

What brand wheels? Fuel or American Force?

·
Premium Member
634 Posts
Nevermind, blew up pic and see star, American Force

·
Premium Member
634 Posts
You removed the dually adapter on the front didn't you?

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk
Was wondering save thing. But on 450 the offset of the wheels are not as severe as the F350. So maybe he didn’t have to? Be curious to find out.

·
Premium Member
4,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Yes that is what you do, remove the adapter. The 450 front axle is about 5” wider thus they stick out so far, and 12” wide wheels up front.

·
Premium Member
4,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Update pics. Ouo rear bars and rear tires on. Still waiting on fox 2.5s and few misc parts. Picked up some Rancho 5000s from autozone to get me driving.
]

·
Premium Member
4,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Pic last name got on level ground. Test drive it good 60 miles got drag link adjusted and put carrier bearing and different heights till no vibration which was about 2 inches drop, the ouo braket is adjustable. So it’s on Rancho 5000s till my fox get here. Next pics might be a week or two , waiting on parts.

]

·
Administrator
29,153 Posts
those rims are directional it messed with my perception LOL

whats going on up front ? a single ? or a dually flipped

OEm adpater still on there ??

EDIT ahh I see you pulled the adapter that didn't work on some of the other models since they went from 8x170 to 8x###

·
Premium Member
4,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Mine is 10x170 without adapter , 10x225 I think with. The fronts are AF singles drilled 10x170 and I remove adapter. The 450 is wider so the tires stick out more than half but the fender flares cover them mostly

·
Administrator
29,153 Posts
ahh so different lug patterns ?

as you know the Dana super 60 wide track is 4" wider before adapters and has some other super features like bigger knuckles /u-joints and that awesome turning radius

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
You running 22" wheels? Those are 37's correct?

That is the look I am going for with mine just not as tall. Looks good.

·
Premium Member
4,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
You running 22" wheels? Those are 37's correct?

That is the look I am going for with mine just not as tall. Looks good.
Ya 22s 37s. Lift is 7” front 6” rear but 450 is high to start with

21 - 40 of 109 Posts