Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,
Brand new to the forum and looking for some input on whether I should purchase a new cab for a project truck I got from a friend or send it in to a body shop to repair the cab (if it’s even possible). I already have all the body parts including hood, fenders, box, bumpers, headlights and some interior items. But now at the point where I don’t know if I should buy a used perfect condition cab for $2000 or send it in to a body shop to repair the cab. Any input would be awesome and I’ll throw some pictures up.
Thanks,
Ryan
Automotive lighting Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Cloud
Automotive parking light Tire Automotive side-view mirror Wheel Vehicle
Vehicle Window Hood Automotive lighting Automotive design

·
Registered
2004 F-350 CCLB egr delete, MBRP 4” turbo back exhaust, mishimoto rad
69 Posts
I certainly don’t know best, nor pricing on body work, but from a outside perspective, I’d assume buying a cab that is known to be good would be best

·
Registered
140 Posts
Figure how much it will cost to do the body work verses buying a new cab. I bet you can find a cab the same color that would be the way I would go. As a matter of fact I would get the complete cab fenders hood and the works. it would save lots of time and labor cost. One cab off new one on. They do this all the time.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Figure $100 a hour and that is kind of low here in Ca. We are around $150 right now. If you want perfect than you need a new cab. Body shops are not perfect like the guys on TV. Body shops are get it in and out FAST. It's the last place I would want to take my truck.Cheaper is not always a good choice. I like quality and willing to pay for it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts