Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

2017 F350 XLT - Right rear end bed panel ding repair?

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  audioguy 
#1 ·
My first post here.
I just bought a 2017 F350 XLT with a 6.8' bed to replace our 2011 Lariat. Very long story.

Anyway, the '17 has a ding in the end of the RH bed panel, right next to the tailgate near the top. It's a good ding, probably 1 1/2" diameter and 3/8" deep.

My question is: Can or will a body shop fix a ding like that, or is it likely they'll want to replace/paint the whole bed panel?

I apologize for no photo... The shop is a fair walk in 14F weather and snow, so I claim laziness. I'll get a photo tomorrow when I'm out there.

Thanks!

#3 ·
I second the PDR route. I've had 2 done on mine. Very happy with the results. With Dent Wizard you can snap some photos and get a ballpark price online.

#4 ·
Agreed on PDR first
Coincidentally I just watched a video on a (beer can ;-) bed repair ,, if they can't do the paintless dent repair they weld tabs on and pull the bed dent out if it is big enough ,, but yes they can fix dings ,, the whole bedside is a last resort

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.