Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I I have an old pan leak on my F3 50. It has been repaired once. And now I am on my second repair. All this is covered under warranty because I’m still under the hundred thousand mile warranty limit. The first repair only lasted about 1000 miles. I have now turned it in to my original owner dealership who was not available for the first repair. Is anyone else having problems with a 17 all week. I would also like to know if having to wait on a diesel mechanic for eight weeks is the norm or am I being pushed off for easier work. I understand this is hard to determine based off of my location but they have one good diesel mechanic Well I’ll be played with continuous leaks throughout the ownership of this vehicle. If anyone is experiencing problems with this I will prescient your reply sorry for the lengthy conversation.

·
Registered
383 Posts
I noticed mine leaking the other day went I went to do an oil change. I will be taking it in after the first of the year to schedule the repair. I know one of the guys i work with also had the same issue and also had a leak from the rear main seal as well. All repairs were covered under warranty. I have not heard of having to wait 8 weeks on a mechanic though. Thats never been a problem for us here in FL anyways.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I had an upper oil pan leak and took it in for repair under warranty. While they fixed the upper oil pan they created more leaks that never existed before. The work was shotty 2 loose bellhousing bolts and a wire loom wrapped around my front drive shaft. While they ended up making it right the truck spent over three weeks all together in the shop. I am good now and the truck will not go to that dealership ever again. So waiting for diesel mechanic sounds good, 8 weeks seems like a stretch to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts