Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking for a tuner and with all the EPA garbage going around the Banks tuner has my curiosity going. I have been doing a lot of reading up on it but there are not a lot of real world reviews.
Just wondering if anyone out there is running one and how its working for them???

·
BBBRRRRRTTTTT
6,292 Posts
I canr believe banks is still revelant.

Dp tuner for emissions on tuning.

·
Premium Member
4,391 Posts
Gdp way better than DP. I’ve had both.

·
BBBRRRRRTTTTT
6,292 Posts
I havent had gdp but i was really happy woth dp tuner.

What did younlike better about gdp?

·
Premium Member
11,779 Posts
TSD does emissions present tuning as well.

·
Premium Member
4,391 Posts
I havent had gdp but i was really happy woth dp tuner.

What did younlike better about gdp?
everything. Period.
Egts, off line acceleration, shifting. Night and day. I ran dp in 7.3 and 6.0 and tried it in 6.7. How’s your egts? My dp 30 tow tune could hit 1650 easy, likely 1800s if I didn’t prevent. Gdp 30 hp tow twice as powerful and smoother and egts 400 cooler across the board. 1350 absolute top

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have been looking for a tuner and with all the EPA garbage going around the Banks tuner has my curiosity going. I have been doing a lot of reading up on it but there are not a lot of real world reviews.
Just wondering if anyone out there is running one and how its working for them???
I have the Banks Derringer on my 2019 only because of warranty issues down the road. I kinda wish I didn't waste my money only because it's so subtle on feeling the improvements for what it costs and honesty product looks cheap. I've used other tuner over years and must say the Banks hasn't impressed much more than stock.

·
BBBRRRRRTTTTT
6,292 Posts
everything. Period.
Egts, off line acceleration, shifting. Night and day. I ran dp in 7.3 and 6.0 and tried it in 6.7. How’s your egts? My dp 30 tow tune could hit 1650 easy, likely 1800s if I didn’t prevent. Gdp 30 hp tow twice as powerful and smoother and egts 400 cooler across the board. 1350 absolute top
I havent towed in a while but i never had egt issues. I didnt tow nearly as heavy as you do.

I might give them a try.

Dp tuners price and customer service was outstanding as well.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have the Banks Derringer on my 2019 only because of warranty issues down the road. I kinda wish I didn't waste my money only because it's so subtle on feeling the improvements for what it costs and honesty product looks cheap. I've used other tuner over years and must say the Banks hasn't impressed much more than stock.

Thanks for the heads up on the Banks system, I might just have to go with the full weight loss program on my truck. I was just a little worried where all this EPA crack down is going.

·
BBBRRRRRTTTTT
6,292 Posts
Ive heard good things about the stealth programmer as well

·
Premium Member
11,779 Posts
Ive heard good things about the stealth programmer as well
You didn't hear them from me. LOL
Minimal improvement at best. Maybe a little better throttle response, but nothing like actual tuning, emissions or not.

For anyone that wants to try it, I've got one (somewhere). Shipping and a decent twelve pack will buy it.

Reactions: [email protected]

·
BBBRRRRRTTTTT
6,292 Posts
You didn't hear them from me. LOL
Minimal improvement at best. Maybe a little better throttle response, but nothing like actual tuning, emissions or not.

For anyone that wants to try it, I've got one (somewhere). Shipping and a decent twelve pack will buy it.
I stand corrected lol

1 - 12 of 12 Posts