Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! I did a search on the forums but couldn't find anyone with a 2017 6.7 that had the wrench light come on. In the owners manual it indicates it has something to do with the 4 wheel drive or drivetrain? Has anyone else been in this same situation? Should I go somewhere and see what the codes are? Is it OK to drive? Believe it or not I called FORD and they said it needed service, such as an oil change and that it would be OK to drive. I'm not sure he knew what he was talking about. Thank you in advance for your time and help.

·
Premium Member
11,782 Posts
Without some sort of code reader people are just guessing. That saying without seeing the dash myself....

You should be able to hit up the local Auto Zone or whatever, they usually have a code reader that they use to help customers. IF that's not a good idea for you, then it's the dealership is your only option. Make sure to tell them you just want to diagnose the situation. Do not authorize any work until you know what's going on.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Without some sort of code reader people are just guessing. That saying without seeing the dash myself....

You should be able to hit up the local Auto Zone or whatever, they usually have a code reader that they use to help customers. IF that's not a good idea for you, then it's the dealership is your only option. Make sure to tell them you just want to diagnose the situation. Do not authorize any work until you know what's going on.
Thank you!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

UPDATE: I took the truck in and they couldn't find a code, they test drove it, came back, put it on the rack and found a crack in the U-Joint. Got it replaced and no more light. ;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.