Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2017 f250 58,000 miles tuned and deleted. Recently slid off farm road into flooded rice field. Tried getting it out ended up having to get pulled out. Got back on the asphalt noticed the check engine light and wrench light were illuminated on the dash, truck wouldn’t shift higher than 3rd gear but from 1st-3rd is normal. Dealership can’t scan the codes because i bought the vehicle used already tuned and it didn’t come with the programmer otherwise if they did then if would flash it and put truck in limp mode. Anyone had this or heard of this problem?

·
Premium Member
11,849 Posts
You can scan for codes without reflashing the PCM. That's BS. Don't use that dealer. Find a reputable shop or get the tools to do it yourself. Forscan and an OBDII dongle are less than $100 (less than $30, if you're really cheap) if you've got a laptop or a smartphone.

·
Registered
374 Posts
A tune will definitely not change the way codes are read or limit your ability to pull them. I cannot nderstand why they would say that besides lack of knowledge.

·
Registered
2018 F350 Limited
274 Posts
I’m curious. Any diagnosis for this? To me it sounds like the tranny failed and the overdrive gears are buggered.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts