Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, my parents f350 has been throwing a low oil indicator on the screen. The only time this happens is when it’s in drive and your stopped like at a red light or in traffic. They have already taken it to the dealer once for this now it’s going back again. They keep saying it’s a tuning issue? I would think it’s more of a sensor fault than tuning since they did an update on the truck last fall. Any one have any knowledge of this? yes there is plenty of oil in the truck, and the truck is bone stock zero mods.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Banned
1,332 Posts
Obviously, you've checked the oil level and its fine.

My next step would be to install a mechanical gauge to verify hot idle pressure. If your getting good oil pressure at idle with a mechanical gauge then it has to be the dummy switch or programming like your saying.

Has the dealership checked with a mechanical gauge?

·
Banned
1,332 Posts
lucky for us, the oil switch and temperature sensor are easily accessible. I'd take out one of them and put a brass T in with a mechanical to verify.

Attachments

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think they wrote it off because it didn’t do it to them when they test drove it. I’ll put a mechanical gauge on it and see what comes of it thanks for the replies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Banned
1,332 Posts
Yeah, report back. Curious what hot idle oil pressure you have.

·
Banned
1,332 Posts
FYI - google this issue and someone else had the same problem. It ended up being a dash wiring connection.

·
Registered
2018 F350 Limited
241 Posts
Found this while searching for another issue a few days ago. This sounds like your problem. See copy and pasted passage below.

6.7L – Intermittent Oil Pressure Warning Lamp Illuminated – 2017-2019 Ford F-Super Duty & 2016-2019 F-650/F-750 oemdtc November 20, 2019 No Comments

NHTSA ID Number: 10156573

Manufacturer Communication Number: SSM 47852

Summary

Some 2017-2019 F-Super Duty and 2016-2019 F-650/F-750 vehicles built on or after 1-Oct-2017 equipped with a 6.7L engine may exhibit an intermittent oil pressure warning lamp. A revised oil pressure switch has been released; service part number GC3Z-9278-B. For removal and installation of the oil pressure switch refer to Workshop Manual, Section 303-01C. Applicable labor operations in Section 10 of the Service Labor Time Standards (SLTS) Manual

·
Banned
1,332 Posts
nice! crazy that your able to find those documents on the web. Someone needs to start an app where all this stuff can be organized for us.

·
Banned
1,332 Posts
any update on this?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts