Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my Bro and I are bit competitive. We have raced cars trucks you name it over the years, so we are competent at 'racing'. He has a 2016 DiryMax and I have a new 2016 F350 (only 3k miles on it), naturally we need to race this **** to see where we are at...2 standing starts and one roll on and I lost not by a bit, it was a run away in the chevy favor... slightly irritated to say the least.
WTF and where is my 'powerstroke'.. Anyone else got a stock to stock race on a newer Duramax to compare?
He had 4 wheels and tires in the box. I had about 200lbs of equipment and a canopy on. thought we where pretty close for weight penalties..but maybe not? thought the Ford was at least gonna be close. now I have to tune it, bull ****.

·
Premium Member
2,753 Posts
Unless the Duraturd was a dually, your 350 is still gonna be ALOT heavier, enough that your bro would win.

Question, did you do boosted launches?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Didn't try a boosted launch, im not sure it would matter too much as the SRW Duramax was a constant pull away. Also We were both in 4wd as conditions were a bit wet. Oh well, is what it is. Eventually a tune and delete just to be as fast as a stock Duramax I guess ;)

·
Registered
48 Posts
I'd be fine with him pulling on me if I was heavier. Also, the real test would be towing the main use of the trucks. He can accelerate all he wants but if he has trouble towing then why even get a truck haha.

·
6.2 Convert
1,385 Posts
Do you happen to know the axle ratios of both trucks?

·
Registered
161 Posts
So my Bro and I are bit competitive. We have raced cars trucks you name it over the years, so we are competent at 'racing'. He has a 2016 DiryMax and I have a new 2016 F350 (only 3k miles on it), naturally we need to race this **** to see where we are at...2 standing starts and one roll on and I lost not by a bit, it was a run away in the chevy favor... slightly irritated to say the least.
WTF and where is my 'powerstroke'.. Anyone else got a stock to stock race on a newer Duramax to compare?
He had 4 wheels and tires in the box. I had about 200lbs of equipment and a canopy on. thought we where pretty close for weight penalties..but maybe not? thought the Ford was at least gonna be close. now I have to tune it, bull ****.
Something wrong with your 6.7

I had a 16 KR(hence my SN) and beat LMLs like stepchildren with no tune all the time.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I test drove 2 duramax when I was in the market. Both Max's were deleted with 33s with unknown lift height and felt way slower than the 15 ford 6.7 I drove. I drove all 3 back to back. I obviously took the stock power train ford home. Ford had 35s on it with a 6" lift.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts