Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys, new to the forum. Just picked up a 2016 Platinum F350 6.7 Powerstroke short bed.

Exterior Color: Platinum White Tri-Coat
Interior Color: Pecan

I've already purchased a ton of stuff for the truck and plan to do quite a bit more.

Here's my plan:

Lift not yet purchased
-Icon 7" Stage 3 Lift Kit w/ Progressive Leaf Pack & Track Bar Kit
or
-Icon 7"-9" Stage 2 Coilover Lift Kit
-Icon Steering Stabilizer Kit
-Airbags for the rear to level when towing
-Sota 22x10.5 Death Metal Forged Wheels
-OEM TPM Sensors (I can't stand flat tire lights on the dash)
-Toyo 37x13.5R22 M/T or R/T

Performance Already Installed
-MBRP Down-Pipe
-Flo-Pro 5" TBE
-Flo-Pro 6" Black Tip
-SCT Live Wire Tuner
-No Limits EGR Delete Kit
-S&B Intake

Lighting purchased but not installed
-Recon Smoke Cab lights w/ White LED's
-Recon White Illuminated F-350 Emblems
-Recon Clear Side Mirror Lenses w/ White LED's
-Recon Clear Tail lights
-F n' A Automotive Quad Retrofit (Multi-color demon eyes, switchback rear halos, custom paint matched housings)
-F n' A Automotive Multi-Color Underglow Illumination
-F n' A Automotive Bed Lighting
-White Interior LED's (dome, map, visor)
-White License Plate LED's
-Hi-Power Reverse LED's
-Hi-Power LED Foglights

Exterior
-Ford Rear Fender Liners
-Spray in Rhino Liner
-Gator FX3 Hard Industrial Bed Cover
-Paint Matched front grill, rear platinum tailgate trim, full mirrors, interior trim pieces and headlights.
-15% side / 50% front window tint
-Train Horn Kit

What I plan to use the truck for:
-Daily Driving
-Towing (8000lb speed boat, jetskis, car, etc.)
-Occasional Off-roading (recreational, nothing crazy and not often)
-Work Truck
-Show Truck
-Track

So I would like your guys opinions on the setup I'd like to do. As well as any information I may be unaware of or anything I should look into as well. A couple questions I have are:

-Any other kits to look at other then Icon? What's better quality? Why?

-How much better of a ride am I going to get with the lift kit? Coil vs Regular. The OEM suspension rides a bit rough and Icon states their lift kit is a world of difference. I just want something that looks nice as well as be able to handle the things I want to do and still be a fairly comfortable ride.

-What are some known issues on the newer Powerstrokes to be aware of?

-For the coilover setup, is removing the coil buckets a pain? It seems like just taking out 7 rivets on each one is pretty simple but I'm not certain on that.

Just so you know, I've been working on cars/trucks/boats/off-road vehicles my whole life, so I'm no newbie to all this stuff, but I'm no expert either (hence why I'm asking these questions). If you have any input for me, that is greatly appreciated. Anyone local to NJ with similar setup that would be willing to meet up to let me check their truck out, that'd be awesome! Thanks in advance guys.

P.S. I also have a 2009 F-350 Super Duty work truck fully deleted with open dump under the cab....

-Frank :icon_ford:

http://vid1099.photobucket.com/albums/g396/Januch09/IMG_2761.mp4

Attachments

· Registered
443 Posts
Look at Carli suspension, highest quality and service to match.

· Premium Member
2001 F350 7.3L, CrewCab, Long bed, 4x4
23,025 Posts

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys. Appreciate it.

Btw, I looked into Carli Suspension (did quite a bit of research actually) and was all for it when I was considering 4", but they only offer that. I want a little more then 4". Which is why I want the 7" kit from Icon. I want to comfortably fit 37's and be okay to fit 40's without cutting if I wanted. It would be super tight and cutting needed with a 4" lift.

· Premium Member
2,357 Posts
Thanks guys. Appreciate it.

Btw, I looked into Carli Suspension (did quite a bit of research actually) and was all for it when I was considering 4", but they only offer that. I want a little more then 4". Which is why I want the 7" kit from Icon. I want to comfortably fit 37's and be okay to fit 40's without cutting if I wanted. It would be super tight and cutting needed with a 4" lift.
37's fit very well with 4.5" kits. I run 37's on my '11 with a 2.5" system but with the 10.5" wide wheels you would need to go 4.5".

Here is one of my customers trucks running a 4.5" Carli kit with 37" Toyo's on 12" wide wheels. Only trimming needed was on the plastic fender liner and the front valance:

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah that actually does look really good. But my few things are: I don't want to have to trim at all. I also want to be able to fit 40's if I ever wanted to change it up and I just want the truck to be a bit higher then just 4".

· Registered
54 Posts
37's fit very well with 4.5" kits. I run 37's on my '11 with a 2.5" system but with the 10.5" wide wheels you would need to go 4.5".

Here is one of my customers trucks running a 4.5" Carli kit with 37" Toyo's on 12" wide wheels. Only trimming needed was on the plastic fender liner and the front valance:

Sorry for the OT, but I can't help my self to praise that beautiful truck.

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah, it's definitely a nice looking truck. I just want to be a bit taller. Looks great though.

Just a little update, tuner installed and mounted today. I'll more then likely be doing the full exhaust, intake, etc. Friday. So pumped to feel the difference.

· Registered
3,756 Posts
OUO makes a set of coil buckets that you can run coilovers, coils, and any type of shock you want. They are bad ***. Here is a set on an icon/OUO equipped truck. This is an 8" Icon kit with OUO Adjustable Link Arms (ALAs) and OUO Traction Bar System. It also has front and rear OUO axle trusses and front and rear diff covers. The front has the OUO steering stabilizer.

Reactions: Januch09`

· Registered
3,756 Posts
Performance Machine. They are forged wheels not cast garbage.

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
OUO makes a set of coil buckets that you can run coilovers, coils, and any type of shock you want. They are bad ***. Here is a set on an icon/OUO equipped truck. This is an 8" Icon kit with OUO Adjustable Link Arms (ALAs) and OUO Traction Bar System. It also has front and rear OUO axle trusses and front and rear diff covers. The front has the OUO steering stabilizer.
Owww, that is very nice. But why would he go with a different bucket then icon if he's using an Icon lift? Icon makes their own bucket. I'm actually leaning towards the Icon 7-9" coilover lift with the rear progressive leafs and the track bar and steering stabilizer kit. All from Icon though. God, those diff covers are soooo nice looking. I might have to pick a set up for sure.

That truck looks soo good. And with the snowmobile rack on the back .... Truck looks great.

· Registered
3,756 Posts
These are alot better coil buckets. You can do almost anything you want with them. Coils...coilovers. ..all different types of shocks...just by bolting on a few parts.

· Registered
3,756 Posts
Yes the diff covers are bad ***. They are even better in person. The front one is the only one that fits these trucks without hitting anything lol

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
Truck is fully deleted. Went with No Limit EGR delete w/ pass-through plate, Flo-Pro 5" stainless exhaust, Flo-Pro 6" black tip, S&B Intake and SCT Livewire w/ custom tuning. Truck is an absolute animal. Runs absolutely amazing and the tunes are extremely clean. If anyone needs a hookup on parts for their trucks hit me up! [email protected]

Here's a quick vid of first start up with all the work done.

Click This For Video

Also gave my truck her first bath today. Used my new foam cannon. I guess from sitting at the lot so long it had some serious grit build up. So I'll be claying the paint, polishing it and adding a nice coat of wax soon!

Still haven't decided on which lift kit to go with. Waiting to here back from Icon about a potential sponsorship.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.