Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm considering moving a power sliding rear window from one truck to another. I've found a glass company to handle the glass part, but would like to find out if the xlt package comes prewired for the power rear window. Both are 2016 XLT's with XLT Premium Pkg.

Could use a little help before I start removing seats and panels.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,534 Posts
I would do some looking for wires and if the circuitry is in the BCM to power the window.

First photo is the overall wiring circuitry.
Second photo is the connector face at the overhead console for the rear window switch, map lights, dome light, etc
Third photo is the location of the power wires for the rear window. Appears they are in a wiring hardness with other wires.

Attachments

Reactions: Heavy_GD

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Larry, Thank you for these schematics. When I do get to poking around, at least I will have something to reference.

Someone in another forum had suggested that it wasn't too hard to pull wires through the headliner if it turned out that the recipient truck was not prewired. I imagine that wiring up an aux switch to the rear window defroster wouldn't be too hard.

·
Premium Member
1,534 Posts
From what I read, the wires are not above the headliner but actually in the run down the passenger side under thee door sill plate(s) and in the passenger (right) rear corner of the cab.

·
Premium Member
1,534 Posts
Glass removal and installation.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,534 Posts
Motor removal and installation

Attachments

·
Premium Member
850 Posts
Motor removal and installation
You're such a plethora of schematics! Any chance you can get me one on the diagram for the highbeams, brake and fog lights? I need to install my ShoMe LED flasher and don't want to go in blind! If so you can PM it so I don't fill up his thread.

Not trying to hijack your thread. Good luck with your install. The slider is nice but I have to say I've never opened mine... The sunroof either much for that matter. A/C FTW!!!

·
Premium Member
1,534 Posts
ARS1

Hope these help....

1) Headlamp and Fog lamp switch
2) Headlamps from BCM
3) Brake Pedal Position Switch
4) High Mounted Stop Lamp
5) Left and right Stop Lamps

Attachments

Reactions: Heavy_GD and ARS1

·
Premium Member
1,534 Posts
ARS1

Fog lamps from BCM

Attachments

Reactions: Heavy_GD and ARS1

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
"I would do some looking for wires and if the circuitry is in the BCM to power the window."

Thanks Larry,
I would really like to avoid removing the seats if I can, to figure out if it is prewired. I'm still hoping that someone who has tried this will chime in.

I see that the wire colors are even identified in your schematics, cool. But even if I find that the properly colored wires are there, is it possible that the circuitry doesn't exist in the BCM? How would I test - would the old school 12v wire tester with the light bulb and ground clamp work? Also, do I run the risk of screwing up the BCM by test swapping the actual switch (if the properly colored wires exist under the blank panel of the recipient)?

·
Premium Member
1,534 Posts
The simplest way to check to see if you the wiring from BCM and to window motor and if it is connected would be to drop the overhead console and look at the wires in the connector.

If the fuse is in the BCM, check fuse location F48, with the switch on, you should have 12VDC on the Blue wire located at Pin 1. If the wiring is there for the rear window, you should have a Violet/Brown stripe wire at pin 4 and a Yellow/Orange stripe wire at pin 9. If these wires are not there, then most likely the wiring is not in the rear of the cab.

These are the assumptions i would make.

·
Premium Member
1,534 Posts
Also, pull the door sill plate (plastic that pops off) and check for the wires on the passenger side. Check for the Violet/Brown stripe and Yellow/Orange stripe wires.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
PasadenaMike626,

Sorry, I didn't have to shop for my glass. I have the donor and recipient trucks, but am trying to find out if the wiring is already in place in the recipient truck.

I did see the power sliding rear window avail from Ford, but it mentioned that it was meant for a truck that already had the window - like a replacement part. Someone told me that it might be an easier installation if I went with an after market power slider.

·
Premium Member
1,534 Posts
Here is the wiring diagram. Hope this helps. Not sure how you will control it if part of the Radio/Nav/Climate screen.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.