Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Every blue moon my 2016 6.7 Diesel will crank like it should but will not run. New Allstate batteries. 105k miles. New fuel filters 5k miles ago. Tried my back up keys when the problem happened- no luck. Waiting on the glow plugs to warm. One time I drained my fuel filter, nothing. Nothing weird and very little water. Last two times waited over night and it cranked and ran. Last time, went inside got a cup of coffee, came out and it cranked and ran. After it has a problem every blue moon, all day long no other problems. Only use the truck to pull the camper or tractor, so it does set up for periods of time. I found where a gentleman replaced his low pressure fuel pump. But later he said the high side too. Thoughts? Common problem? What should I consider next. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
10,247 Posts
This isn't the 2016 section. There's a VERY rare chance you saw the glow plug warming icon. This is not a common problem. Other than sitting too long, maybe the batteries need some trickle charging.

·
Premium Member
10,247 Posts
Don't worry about it. It's no biggee. Just putting you on the right road for the future.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts