Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a 2016 f550 fully deleted egr,block off plates , tuned . We recently changed transmission installed new turbo and egr block off plates and now we are getting a over boost code p0234. We replaced turbo again assuming that was the issue because it was a rebuilt turbo from Ford so we installed a new one problem still exist checked all up pipes checked for boost leaks on charge pipes replaced boost pressure sensor, mass air flow, EBP Sensor checked wiring to turbo solenoid everything checks out good still having the over boost issue . Whenever I get the code it derates the truck and blows a bunch of black smoke takes forever to build boost . You clear the code and the truck drives normal until the code is tripped again . One thing I have notice is if I power brake the truck it starts to pressurize the turbo coolant reservoir and spits coolant out the over flow tube maybe a bad cac?? Just curious if any has had this issue and resolved it. 2016 f550 6.7 deleted,100hp tune ,egr block off, cp4 disaster prevention kit .

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
You replaced a brand new turbo because you got an over boost code? Yikes....you must have endless funds. Did it do this before you tuned it? Are you 100% sure the tune you have is for a deleted truck? Are you 100% sure the tune you have is for a C/C truck? Something is not installed properly, check CAC boots for loose connections.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The truck has been tuned and deleted since 2017 .... tune has never been changed yes tune is for a c/c . CAC boots are all brand new just replaced them before I replaced turbo I had a Ford tech at dealer look at it could not find out issue took it to multiple diesel performance shops no one can find issue .”yikes” didn’t know I came on here for a smart *** reply

·
BBBRRRRRTTTTT
6,977 Posts
The truck has been tuned and deleted since 2017 .... tune has never been changed yes tune is for a c/c . CAC boots are all brand new just replaced them before I replaced turbo I had a Ford tech at dealer look at it could not find out issue took it to multiple diesel performance shops no one can find issue .”yikes” didn’t know I came on here for a smart *** reply
Youre gonna get them now. Cool your jets lol

Check your map sensor

·
Premium Member
11,119 Posts
I'd have to guess that the turbo (or both for that matter) you bought new was for a C&C truck.

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
.”yikes” didn’t know I came on here for a smart *** reply
Welcome to a place you come to for free advice! And the yikes comment meant you put a brand new turbo on, then immediately put another brand new turbo on because you thought the new one was bad.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts