Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
930 Posts
So I connected a light bar to the pass through wires and grounded light under the hood, connected pass through to upfitter switch and still now power to light. When I turn the switch on I am getting the amber light showing its on but getting nothing from the light.. Help Please!
First things first- is the truck running? At the very least, it needs to be KOEO for power to be applied to the line side of the upfitter relay. I cannot say for certain but the engine may need to be running and not just key on.
Then check the fuse for the upfitter you are using.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Yes I had it running, with a blown fuse would i get the amber light on the switch? I will check though. Made sure to trace the wiring also to just to make sure.

·
Registered
930 Posts
The amber light on the switch is powered from the instrument panel illumination circuit. Totally independent of the power from the relay contacts. Lets see if I can attach the pages from the SVE bulliten....

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
The amber light on the switch is powered from the instrument panel illumination circuit. Totally independent of the power from the relay contacts. Lets see if I can attach the pages from the SVE bulliten....
Copy, I’ll recheck my work and fuses. Be a couple days before I can spend some time on it.. you know important essential personnel people stuff!

·
Registered
930 Posts
Copy, I’ll recheck my work and fuses. Be a couple days before I can spend some time on it.. you know important essential personnel people stuff!
Roger that.
BTW, my mistake. The amber LED on the switch is powered from the BCM, not cluster illumination. Still, the light is no indication that the relay picked. If the fuses are good then I would unplug the light and test for 12vdc to ground. From there, if not power then work your way back to the pass-thru wires and such. There is the possibility that you grabbed the wrong wire on one side of the firewall.

·
Super Moderator
8,900 Posts
Maybe double check that ground wire.
When I had an issue with a blown fuse for the Upfitter switch power out, the light on the switch itself would not illuminate.
Not sure where you are at at this point but hope it helps.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts