Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So after I did my egr delete I lost some coolant. Enough to have the level drop below the required fill line on the primary and secondary.

I'm gonna be doing a long drive tomorrow up to the mountains and wanted to top it off.

Do I just get the new orange motorcraft coolant from ford and top it off and call it good?

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just did the block off plates as I live in California and didn't want to remove the whole thing. The plates were easy took about an hour.

·
Registered
891 Posts
I just did the block off plates as I live in California and didn't want to remove the whole thing. The plates were easy took about an hour.
Thanks...I thought you did the entire delete. Debating which way to go. I know the plates are easy but would love to just get the whole thing out and be done too.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
From what I've read the plates offer the same benefits as a full delete minus the extra engine compartment room.

·
Registered
14 Posts
So after I did my egr delete I lost some coolant. Enough to have the level drop below the required fill line on the primary and secondary.

I'm gonna be doing a long drive tomorrow up to the mountains and wanted to top it off.

Do I just get the new orange motorcraft coolant from ford and top it off and call it good?
You'll be fine with doing that. But down the road you'll run into problems using that ford gold coolant crap. You need to switch to a cat ec-1 rated coolant

·
Registered
925 Posts
How'd you lose coolant doing the block off plates??

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You'll be fine with doing that. But down the road you'll run into problems using that ford gold coolant crap. You need to switch to a cat ec-1 rated coolant
Gonna go to ford and get the orange coolant. Which is to spec per the diesel supplement manual.

And the instructions stated to pull the coolant line off the egr. That's how I lost some. Realized I never needed to after I was done.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I thought the block off plates were installed after the egr was taken out? How do you install the block off plates with the egr on?

·
Registered
925 Posts
I thought the block off plates were installed after the egr was taken out? How do you install the block off plates with the egr on?
A full delete does require plates to be installed. One over the manifold and one at the base of where the EGR sat. The set the OP is talking about is a basic EGR block off kit. You pull the 2 exchange pipes, one from manifold into EGR and one from EGR to intake, and cover the 4 holes with the plates. Same effect as a full delete minus some of the added work/hassle.

·
Registered
31 Posts
A full delete does require plates to be installed. One over the manifold and one at the base of where the EGR sat. The set the OP is talking about is a basic EGR block off kit. You pull the 2 exchange pipes, one from manifold into EGR and one from EGR to intake, and cover the 4 holes with the plates. Same effect as a full delete minus some of the added work/hassle.
I bought a Sinister EGR delete kit and it has the plates for the full delete. I have the plates for the manifold with the bung for the temp probe, and the plate for the intake but I don't have plates to block off the holes that will be left on the EGR cooler. Are these plates that I can buy? I haven't seen these plates.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
If you have the full delete the EGR cooler will be removed so don't worry about those

Reactions: Leesfeed

·
Registered
187 Posts
Thanks...I thought you did the entire delete. Debating which way to go. I know the plates are easy but would love to just get the whole thing out and be done too.
If you're debating which way to go, just ask yourself this:

Do I ever plan on returning this truck back to stock?

Yes / maybe = install block off plates

No = do a full EGR delete

·
Registered
31 Posts
If you have the full delete the EGR cooler will be removed so don't worry about those
Sorry, I should have worded my post better. I was thinking if I wanted to leave the cooler installed would I have to buy extra plates to block off the cooler holes? I need to do a coolant change anyway, I have 110,000 now, so I might just go ahead and delete the entire cooler. Thanks for the reply

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hey man which brand plates did you go with? I'm trying to find the ones that just block off the egr but I can only find ones that are for is you take out the egr. It would be great to find just the block off plates. Thanks!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts