Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2014 F250. I just installed an adjustable track by by icon and now I am getting major wobble. Every little bump and I can't go over 40 mph. I have an 8" fabtech 4 link lift with 38s. Has any one had any problems with wobble and this part and how did they/you fix it? There is some major play in the adjustment sleeve to the track bar. I tightened down the Allen screws but maybe not tight enough.

Attachments

·
Registered
8,568 Posts
There should be no play at all. Hat is where all your problems are coming from. I'm not familiar with it so I'm not sure if you can just tighten down the Allen bolts to tighten it up or what needs to happen. Many threads are screwed in on each side?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
3,752 Posts
I would either call Icon or the company you bought it from.

·
Registered
737 Posts
there should be absolutely no play anywhere in that track bar: adjusting sleeve, axle end or frame end. the frame end needs to be tightened to something like 450lbs i believe. when you thing you have it tight enough, tighten it some more. i used my breaker bar and a 3 ft pipe to put mine on. felt ok but still had a very slight wobble at about 55-60. came back with a 7ft fence post and the breaker bar and that took care of it

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
amateur mistake. The instructions do not say to torque down the Allen screws. Did that this morning. Problem solved

1 - 5 of 5 Posts