Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 14 f250 6.7 it has a 5” exhaust and is deleted and tuned with ez lynk. I have put about 2000 miles on it since deleting and it has ran great. On my way home i got a exhaust filter over Limit Service warning then started running rough and sluggish i put it in neutral then a few seconds later the engine cut off so i pulled over not knowing what to do i waited a couple minutes and tried to start it again and it just cranked but wouldn’t turn over. Earlier in the day i drained the filter bowl on the frame rail. After breaking down i checked and the drain was a half a turn loose from being shut all the way. What could be the problem or fix for this? Thanks.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Update! Figured out the problem...
My cp4 injection pump blew. When the cp4 fails it sends metallic particles throughout the entire high pressure fuel system contaminating everything including rails and lines and injectors. Causing you to have to replace the entire high pressure fuel system this can cost between 6-10 thousand . It cost me 7 thousand that was including a cp4 reroute kit “disaster kit”and an egr removal kit. I figured while it’s apart i may as well do it too. I hope this will be helpful for someone.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Unfortunately pretty "common" with the CP4 pumps if the fuel isn't treated or you get a bad batch of diesel.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Unfortunately pretty "common" with the CP4 pumps if the fuel isn't treated or you get a bad batch of diesel.
I put a healthy gulp of “diesel clean” in the tank every single time i go to the pump and i only but fuel from a truck stop right off the interstate where they get fresh diesel fuel every single day. I think that the thought of being able to prevent the cp4 from blowing is a myth. I think that the cp4 is just a ticking time bomb and the 1 and only the you can do is install a disaster (reroute) kit and be prepared for when it happens. Spending $350 on a disaster kit is well worth saving yourself the cost of replacing the entire high pressure fuel system.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
This has been discussed tons but I can't recall if Diesel Kleen was an "approved" additive to use. You need to use a demulsifier approved additive. Lots on here use Stanadyne, Howes, and Opti Lube. I always used a bottle of Stanadyne at every fill up and never saw any water when I drained the separator, and I was anal and drained it every 2-3 weeks.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This has been discussed tons but I can't recall if Diesel Kleen was an "approved" additive to use. You need to use a demulsifier approved additive. Lots on here use Stanadyne, Howes, and Opti Lube. I always used a bottle of Stanadyne at every fill up and never saw any water when I drained the separator, and I was anal and drained it every 2-3 weeks.
I always thought diesel Klerk was good. I asked the guy at the auto part store what was the most purchased diesel additive and it was diesel Kleen and that’s why i chose it. I use the gray bottle

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Lol, just because it's the most purchased doesn't mean it's good or better for your application.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Has the disaster kit been proven to save the rails and injectors? Seems like I remember reading a thread somewhere where a guy had the disaster kit and everything was trashed regardless when the pump went.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Earlier in the day i drained the filter bowl on the frame rail. After breaking down i checked and the drain was a half a turn loose from being shut all the way. What could be the problem or fix for this? Thanks.
This could be your problem. Possible air intrusion could affect the fuel delivery and cause the pump to overheat and starve it of the lubricity fuel provides.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts