Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm looking at a 2014 f350 lariet that has the large radio display but NO navigation on the screen. My question is, is the navigation a option to purchase say an unlock code and it will tgen display the navigation option or is it an entire different head unit? I know on dishes it is always in the system it is just not unlocked during manufacturing and you have to purchase the uconnect unlock. Picture is of the actual radio in this truck I'm considering. Thanks all in advance.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
393 Posts
There’s a way to do it with Forscan. All trucks have the navigation built in, it’s activated by vin (based on equipped options). It’s really not that hard to do. I’ll try to find the post detailing the instructions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
114 Posts
I'm interested in the FORscan method of turning on Navigation as well. It's a lot cheaper than buying the module with Navigation active on it.

Everything I've read makes it seem like a 50/50 chance. It also depends on the software you have.

Maybe I'll just do the SYNC 3 conversion.

Found other post about it as well.

·
Premium Member
139 Posts

·
Premium Member
761 Posts
Yes and it works beautifully :) I haven't had a single issue and use it at least once a month.

·
Premium Member
761 Posts
There’s a way to do it with Forscan. All trucks have the navigation built in, it’s activated by vin (based on equipped options). It’s really not that hard to do. I’ll try to find the post detailing the instructions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
They don't all have it, you have to have the locational feature...aka "compass" which provides GPS coordinates the NAV uses

1 - 6 of 6 Posts