Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2014 f-350 with 82,000 miles. I have purchased it less than 5 years ago but factory warranty started when it was sent to dealership and expired on February 2019. I was driving and the low oil pressure indicator came on, it immediately started to chatter and engine shut off, no restart. There is filings in the oil. Heard from some Ford mechanics that high pressure oil pump failure is a problem but Ford motor company won't address it. Has anyone else had this issue?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a 2014 f-350 with 82,000 miles. I have purchased it less than 5 years ago but factory warranty started when it was sent to dealership and expired on February 2019. I was driving and the low oil pressure indicator came on, it immediately started to chatter and engine shut off, no restart. There is filings in the oil. Heard from some Ford mechanics that high pressure oil pump failure is a problem but Ford motor company won't address it. Has anyone else had this issue?
Yes and No. We are experiencing a similar situation. Plan on changing our oil pump asap.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts