Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
2014 Ford F-250 6.7L
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey y'all, new to the forum here. First off I apologize if I posted in the wrong thread/area. I've been wanting to delete my truck for a while now as it is out of warranty. My reasoning is for better MPG, reliability, and the sound of a deleted truck is music to the ears. I'm not trying to do burnouts, roll coal, or constantly ham on it (don't want to mess anything up). Any help with the following questions is greatly appreciated!

1) Are there any cons if I unplug the EGR and leave installed but off (incase ever need to un-delete)? Does this hurt the vehicle or make it any less efficient? Or is it better to remove the EGR completely and install block off plates?

2) Are there any cons to run a delete pipe in place of the DPF system while retaining the stock rear ford exhaust pipe with split fork tip? Does this hurt the vehicle or make it any less efficient?

I've seen people run all of the above scenarios but I want the best for the truck. Thanks again for any responses!

· Registered
2014 Ford F-250 6.7L
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
1) If you add on blocking plates it can be left in place. Removing it 100% just means a tad more work. Either way is just fine.

2) None that I can speak of. It will not hurt the truck.
Appreciate the response. Are trans tunes a must? Based on the few different packages I've found, some do and some don't..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.