Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 13 250 ccsb 4x4 completely stock. At about 50mph I have this vibration that is driving me nuts. Does not feel like tires as they are brand new. Feels like a hop from the rear. I have read some tsbs but don't apply to short bed. I don't want to waste money with the dealer. Any help would be great

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Put some weight in the bed and see if it goes away.

Trucks are gonna ride like trucks unloaded. Mine helped significantly adding about 300 pounds of tools and a toolbox and airing down my tires to 50 psi.

·
Registered
600 Posts
I beg to differ about the rear end hop not applying to short beds. Mine does it and it's a short bed. Not sure if it did it before my 75 gallon slip tank and toolbox as they were put in right away. Sure is annoying however....

·
Don't you worry about it
8,335 Posts
yup short beds do the hop as well as long beds. Both my 14 and my 08 did it. 45-50 mph

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What is causing this problem. Is there a fix. I got rid of my duramax after 6 trips to dealer and they couldn't find my vibration. That's why I bought the ford. Didn't feel it on test drive as it only noticeable if you are going a steady 50mph. Which happens to be the speed I travel in most of my commute. Very annoying

·
Don't you worry about it
8,335 Posts
Mine smooths out at 50 but if it's the same thing it's supposedly the frame flexing iirc. There is a long detailed thread on here about it.

·
It is What IT is
1,734 Posts
just go faster.

·
Registered
55 Posts
It's a known annoyance with these trucks and is noticeably worse on the long beds. I found that running 65 psi in the rear tires helped, but it's a PITA to remember to inflate them to 80 before pulling my fiver. I also just put new shocks on because the others were worn out, but I don't beleive the shocks were the issue.

·
Registered
122 Posts
This vibration starting to drive me nuts. 50mph is most of the roads I travel to work every day.

Not trying to sound condescending here by any means but check your tire pressure.

On my 16 I would get road vibration like I was going over a washboard dirt road except I was IN THE CITY on the highway right around 60 MPH. My rear and front tire pressure was too high. Air'd(SIC) it down and made a huge difference.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Edit- didnt realize this thread is over 3 years old.

Did you stick to the same size tires or go bigger? Bigger tires will require less air so even at 70 they may be overinflated. He!!, I run my stock rear tires at 60 when unloaded.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts