Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Fellas,

New user here on Powerstroke. I've been checking out the forums and finally started to join, saw a lot of good stuff from users.

I recently purchased a 2013 F-250 6.7 SuperCab with some money saved up on returning from Afghanistan. Pretty much my dream truck. Everything has been great so far except the thing is too damn quiet. I know there's a lot packed in the '13s as far as emissions but I want my truck to sounds like a REAL diesel....does anyone have any tips?

All feedback is appreciated. Thanks! (Hoping to get some pictures posted soon)

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Hey Fellas,

New user here on Powerstroke. I've been checking out the forums and finally started to join, saw a lot of good stuff from users.

I recently purchased a 2013 F-250 6.7 SuperCab with some money saved up on returning from Afghanistan. Pretty much my dream truck. Everything has been great so far except the thing is too damn quiet. I know there's a lot packed in the '13s as far as emissions but I want my truck to sounds like a REAL diesel....does anyone have any tips?

All feedback is appreciated. Thanks! (Hoping to get some pictures posted soon)
Search 2013 tuning in the 6.7 section. I don't know the member names, but there are quite a few members on here with deleted 2013's. Deleting will void your warranty, but make it sound like a diesel!

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
If you want a louder engine sound, buy a 7.3 lol

If you're looking for louder exhaust sound you'll want to delete and straight pipe your truck. Gonna need a tuner to do that, you'll also be voiding warranty

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
681 Posts
The lack of noise is something I really appreciate about mine. You could just make a recording of an old Cummins and play it when you felt the need for a rattle.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
The lack of noise is something I really appreciate about mine. You could just make a recording of an old Cummins and play it when you felt the need for a rattle.
Lol sometimes I play the intro to international harvester on full blast at traffic lights. Tends to do the trick

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
25 Posts
I agree too. I had a 7.3 which sounded pretty good only my wife always complained about the noise (while I was grinning). My buddy got a 6.0 which I thought was the best sounding Powerstoke ever! On U-Tube there is an introductory short video clip of a technician demonstrating the difference between the old diesel sound, then he flips a switch and it quiets down to the new diesel (6.7). Well, I want one of those switches !! One way for me, and the other position for the wife when she complains :)

·
Administrator
32,664 Posts
Hang some of these from the review mirror to mimic the older PSD

injector noises

and one of these for turbo whistle

·
Registered
272 Posts
Neighbors could always know when I was going fishing at o" dark thirty when I started up my 7.3. Now they never now cuz I have a 6.7. My 7.3 had a tuner, straight piped and listening to the radio or having a conversation over the 7.3 was annoying. With the 6.7 you have all that power and they are quiet. Enjoy your truck as it was built, or delete it.... and compromise that warranty.

·
Premium Member
1,710 Posts
Thank you for your service!! As others have said, you can delete the emissions, but it WILL void your warranty.

Tom

·
Registered
210 Posts
Its my little pet peeve also with the 6.7. Loved the sound of my 6.0. Now i pull up behing buses and roll down the window for the "smell"...lol

1 - 10 of 10 Posts