Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Great install. I bet it sounds awesome! Question, how was your amp board fastened to the wall of the cab? And did the jack have to be moved or is it in a different location for the 2011+ trucks? I have a 2010 crewcab

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
The amp board was screwed on to the back wall using stainless still screws that will not rust. The jack had to be removed from it's location behind the seat. Right now it is just seating in the under seat storage. If I get the weatherguard tool box in the future that is where it will end up.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Couple questions

1. What the mounting depth for the front? Did you by chance measure?

2. Did you tap in before the amp or after the factory amp?

3. Do you have a wiring chart that shows the wire schematic?

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Couple questions

1. What the mounting depth for the front? Did you by chance measure?

2. Did you tap in before the amp or after the factory amp?

3. Do you have a wiring chart that shows the wire schematic?
No idea on #1 and #3.... You tap in after the factory amp that is why you leave the factory amp in.

·
Registered
896 Posts
great looking set up! very clean. do you think the dynamat has made a big difference? these trucks are pretty loud at highway speeds, do you think it helped with that?

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
great looking set up! very clean. do you think the dynamat has made a big difference? these trucks are pretty loud at highway speeds, do you think it helped with that?
Thank you, yes i definitely think dynamat has made a huge difference when listening to music. This is my third vehicle to get dynamat.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #27 (Edited)
Guys I am in Dallas, TX. So is my installer. He is super, if anyone in DFW area needs any help, I would be happy to recommend him. Please IM me and let me know what city you are in. I know he does a way cleaner and complete job compared to any shop. Big shops will never provide so much attention to detail. When you have such an expensive truck and equipment you want that attention to detail. This is the second vehicle he has done for me and I have been super happy both times.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
nice install. how were the tweeters fitted?

i just installed a set of hertz 5x7s all the way around since they were given to me. definite improvement over stock. i got a couple tweeters that i want to stick into the factory mount but looks like the factory ones are glued into a plastic bracket. my truck is an 08 but looks like a lot of the stuff is very similar.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
nice install. how were the tweeters fitted?

i just installed a set of hertz 5x7s all the way around since they were given to me. definite improvement over stock. i got a couple tweeters that i want to stick into the factory mount but looks like the factory ones are glued into a plastic bracket. my truck is an 08 but looks like a lot of the stuff is very similar.
I don't have a pic of it but it fits int he factory hole in the panel they normally have a metal strip with holes that they use to secure it.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Couple pics for ideas. First one is the install on my 2014. Ford makes it easy on the '13+ since the amp for all speakers go through the amp attached to the OEM sub. Makes it very easy to intercept the wires for the summing unit. The '11-12 I used the void behind the radio inside the dash to place the summing unit.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Couple pics for ideas. First one is the install on my 2014. Ford makes it easy on the '13+ since the amp for all speakers go through the amp attached to the OEM sub. Makes it very easy to intercept the wires for the summing unit. The '11-12 I used the void behind the radio inside the dash to place the summing unit.

Nice install.....where did you put the Sony factory amp?

·
Registered
198 Posts
Nice install.....where did you put the Sony factory amp?
It is mounted on the back of the amp board for the '14 while the '11 was left in place under the dash.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Great clean install! Now if you can just do mine :)

·
Registered
202 Posts
Going to have to consider that!

21 - 40 of 40 Posts