Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let's see if we can get Ford to include a center console F-150 style shift into the 2013 Super Duty, there is already a suggestion started on the Ford Social website for this feature in the 2013 Super Duty, visit the link and let Ford know the is a much wanted option. At least maybe they will offer a option for those who don't want a column shift.

Ford Social: 2013 Super Duty with F-150 Style Center Console Shifter
:icon_ford:

·
Don't you worry about it
2017 F250
8,336 Posts
whats wrong with a column shift?

·
Registered
776 Posts
I thought I'd like a center shift...but after experiencing my new superduty, I am quite pleased with the current layout. I wouldn't want to give up my arm rest nor cupholders....

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Don't Have to Give Up the Arm Rest

The F-150 console shift does not force you to give up your armrest and you still keep 2 of the 4 cupholders

F-150 Console

2013 Super Duty Console

·
Don't you worry about it
2017 F250
8,336 Posts
I need all 4 cup holders, I am a thirsty guy

·
Premium Member
31,706 Posts
If anything bring the 6-speed manual back just my 2 cents

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app
Fed emissions standards, and extreme lack of demand for a manual trans say thats not gonna happen

·
Premium Member
31,706 Posts
Well that and theres no Light truck manual trans that will hold up to 400 crank HP

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Console shifters belong in cars. Not trucks. But that's my opinion.
i agree , that would stop me from buying a new one, the console shifter is gay

now there a great idea.

and theres plenty of trannies that will hold 400+hp

·
Premium Member
31,706 Posts
i agree , that would stop me from buying a new one, the console shifter is gay

now there a great idea.

and theres plenty of trannies that will hold 400+hp
Not in light truck form.

The ZF6 for example wont

·
Premium Member
20,292 Posts

·
Registered
776 Posts
I like my 4 cupholders. Just too awesome...

·
Registered
44 Posts
I can't stand a center console shift on a truck. I hate it on the f150

·
Registered
408 Posts

Amen! That was the selling point on my truck. When I was looking an automatic was a deal breaker. I would consider trading mine in on one if they offered that.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Amen! That was the selling point on my truck. When I was looking an automatic was a deal breaker. I would consider trading mine in on one if they offered that.
You and about 15 other people.... manuals made up 6.5% of car sales in 2011. No point finding a standard tyranny that will work and redesigning a lot of components to make it work to sell 1 out of every 10 trucks with a standard

Sent from my GT-I9100 using AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
I agree, leave the shifter on the column. As for the 6sp manual. There are alot of guys that I know that wanted a 6sp manual, but could not get a truck equiped with one for the right price with the way all of the trim packages are set up now. Not worth paying extra for a 6sp, even though they really want it. If I could get a king ranch, with a hand shaker, I would drive it in a heartbeat.

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
Plenty of guys are running 400+ hp with a zf6, with only a clutch upgrade. Mines holding up just fine with 400+ to the wheels.

·
Don't you worry about it
2017 F250
8,336 Posts
can I just say that Ford has SPANKED the competition on interiors that 2013 looks GOOD

1 - 20 of 35 Posts