Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to the forum, this was a great resource as I researched which model year to purchase so thank you for the knowledge.

I am also new to the 6.7 world with a new-to-me 2013 F250 (last diesel was a 2003 7.3)

I bought the truck with 138K on the odometer - very clean inside and underneath but am now compiling my list of to-do's to get it tuned up to last me a while.

I am noticing a slight whine upon light acceleration from standstill, only present through 2nd gear as far as i can tell and seems to change volume/pitch with gear changes. This leads me to think something in the transmission. I cannot detect it at higher speeds or under harder acceleration, and so far nothing I have listened to on Youtube or this forum matches what I am hearing. No trouble codes are present and transmission temp is staying in normal range.

I know a lot of noises are 'normal' but am curious as to whether anyone has experienced a similar situation and figured out the cause.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Hard to tell without hearing your noise. See if you can get a clip and toss it on Youtube if you're worried about it.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Upon further investigation it appears as though the noise is not transmission related at all - this morning I bumped the RPM's up to ~1000 while in park and heard the same whine.

Sound can be heard here by searching tR62cc6qgvw on YouTube (not able to post links yet apparently)

Anything to be immediately concerned about?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hopefully i am just seeing/hearing ghosts - just bought the truck so trying to run down any and all gremlins.

Regarding boost gauge - it does work perhaps i did not spool it up enough in park to require any. During 'normal' driving i often get to the low 20s with it staying right around ~2-3 lbs at highway speeds.

appreciate the feedback fellas.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Well I can't help with a cause, but my '14 6.7 Lariat makes this exact same sound. I was fueling the other day beside a 6.7 of close year model(pre 17) and when he pulled away I noticed the same sound. To me it sounds like a very deep low pitch Coaches whistle.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts