Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
spool up that turbo!!
2,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Apologize in advance for the long post

Had my 01 bed vandalized and my 08 tailgate stolen and picked up brand new bed with tailgate with rear bumper that came off a truck with 8 miles for $1200

Anyone know what the best route is to make the front factory 01 fenders and a 2013 bed match???

The same type of fender flares for each year orrrr is there some type of flare I can do up front to match the factory 2013 can't really afford a whole newer front clip so looking for the next best option

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
spool up that turbo!!
2,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
spool up that turbo!!
2,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well how do they make a bed look the same after the new clip? I couldn't pass up a perfectly straight bed for that price so I guess I'll have to make a visit to bushwacker

·
spool up that turbo!!
2,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Tryin to look side by side on my phone (which is a pain) I believe I can buy front OE style flares and its be close or I'd have to buy extend-a-flares front and back and I'm not a huge fan of flares period

·
Registered
845 Posts
i have l;ooked at this as well, i feel like the bushwacker STREET flare would give just enough edge to resemble the factory rear lip. i know it wont be perfect, but close.

what color is your truck, i have seen a few, and the right colors are not really noticeable.

·
spool up that turbo!!
2,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's white and if I have flares just on the front it will have the rubber around the flair I'm curious what's the guys who did the front conversion did with their factory bed

·
spool up that turbo!!
2,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You think I can get away with just a factory flair up front?

·
Registered
44 Posts
have a friend used a 2012 on his o1 it looks great not that big of a difference on the chassis the truck is black and gold other than the extra large fuel door it looks right..i will see if i can get some pics. Hoody

·
spool up that turbo!!
2,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah get me some pictures I'd rather not have to so flares at all

·
Registered
455 Posts
Btw man a little off topic, was it a shortbed or long bed? And if it was a short bed send me some info where you got it or where one is available. Doesn't matter the year or color. Just gotta be a superduty bed. Thanks a lot

·
Registered
455 Posts
Never mind. Read sig, saw you have a long bed.

·
Registered
44 Posts
my friend bought his short bed from PMPAutoParts.Net they have new take offs, bumers lights etc.. also make their own patch panels north of me in Pa. i never dealt with them but they seem to have a good bit of stuff. Hoody:)

·
spool up that turbo!!
2,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Registered
44 Posts
trying to catch him at home he keeps it tucked away in the garage and drives a honda to work i`m off tomorrow will try to get one then.

·
spool up that turbo!!
2,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
spool up that turbo!!
2,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

·
Registered
44 Posts
I think it works just fine ,also has the added perks of the new lights and the sweet tailgate as well, he had the bed line-exed and had the underside sprayed with por 15 or a rust bullet type paint so it should last a long time..:thumb:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts