Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought my first diesel and second Ford. We all pack up in my pretty new fancy truck and head down the road. An hour later the air is not cold and not blowing very hard. After thirty more minutes we stop at our destination. Two hours later it is a little cooler but not much. The next morning its cold again. Our 2003 Expedition did the same exact thing. Any ideas. I was about to add the auto parts AC charge stuff and thought better of it and found this forum. If its anything like the woodworker I am in then some great advice is headed my way. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
208 Posts
My 2014 had an issue freezing and forming ice. It would happen on longer trips with the ac set on auto at 70 degrees, the fan would be commanded to run on low speeds It would end up blowing warmer air . After stopping for about 45 minutes then restart ice fell into the blower fan and chips shooting out the vents.. took to dealership as it was still under warranty there was a service bulletin that changed the ways climate temperature settings programs ran , fan speeds and outside air intake. Since then it hasn't iced up again but sometimes the fan seems to low when in automatic temperature set and by cycling the system off then back on wakes it up to automatically control the fan speeds based on set point.

Reactions: Sawdust smiles

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for that info. My wife usually has the fan so hard it blows your hair. I like it lower. I took it to an air place. Ran a dye test and they actually found a bad o ring near the compresser. Charged system and it is cold and hard but has not been tested for a long trip but I think its good.

·
Registered
208 Posts
glad they found the issue , stay chilled

1 - 4 of 4 Posts