Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a F250 FX4 Diesel Crew Cab and can't seem to find out what axles are on this truck. It's a Kentucky made truck. I know I have 3.31 gear ratio and the rear locker. That info was on the window sticker.
Being a Jeep guy I like to know what axles I have, and I don't really want to crawl under the truck to search for axle codes. The owners manual says nothing about axle types.
Doesn't Ford standardize what axles they use on 2012 F250 diesels? I presume the front is a Dana 60. It's high pinion so I am hoping it's a Dana Super 60.
And the rear?
Any help would be appreciated!

·
Premium Member
2,028 Posts
I just bought a F250 FX4 Diesel Crew Cab and can't seem to find out what axles are on this truck. It's a Kentucky made truck. I know I have 3.31 gear ratio and the rear locker. That info was on the window sticker.
Being a Jeep guy I like to know what axles I have, and I don't really want to crawl under the truck to search for axle codes. The owners manual says nothing about axle types.
Doesn't Ford standardize what axles they use on 2012 F250 diesels? I presume the front is a Dana 60. It's high pinion so I am hoping it's a Dana Super 60.
And the rear?
Any help would be appreciated!
Front: Dana 60 High Pinion, 35 spline outer axles.
Rear: Sterling 10.5"

·
Administrator
30,457 Posts
Like mentioned commonly called the Dana super 60 or Ball joint 60
and the venerable Sterling 10.5

·
Registered
37 Posts
whats the diferance between the sterling 10.5 and the dana 80 10.5?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts