Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
If it aint a CAT itsa DOG
4,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else with a 2011-2012 having issues with NO dash lights except the indicating arrows lit up until it gets dark out? When i turn the headlights on say in the rain my dash will NOT light up. I HATE this as its hard to see the numbers. My wife has a 2012 escape and her dash lights are always on even when the headlights aren't. I have read there are other people with this problem on other forums, but no one seems to have a solution. Any ideas guys?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Anyone else with a 2011-2012 having issues with NO dash lights except the indicating arrows lit up until it gets dark out? When i turn the headlights on say in the rain my dash will NOT light up. I HATE this as its hard to see the numbers. My wife has a 2012 escape and her dash lights are always on even when the headlights aren't. I have read there are other people with this problem on other forums, but no one seems to have a solution. Any ideas guys?
I just noticed this last week for the first time as it hasn't rained much here in central Texas for a few years. I kept messing with all the light controls and realized there was no adjustment for it. It is annoying.

·
Registered
896 Posts
i can adjust the brightness of my dash lights with the switch to the left of the steering column. do you not have that?

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
+1 on the brightness you need to press the button multiple times rather than hold the button, if you hold it you are only operating the interior lights.

·
If it aint a CAT itsa DOG
4,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This is an issue with the auto lamps. I know how to adjust the bright/dim WHEN the backlights are on. I have NO backlighting what so ever until the auto lamp detects its dark enough, then it turns on the dash lights. If i put my hat over the sensor then they come on right away with the headlights. The auto lamp is not just for running lights anymore. I HATE this function. I had my dealer look at it and they said all of them do it. To me its a safety issue that i can't see my dash when the headlights are on in the day time (ie: in the rain).

·
Registered
17 Posts
I only joined this site today, 12/06/14. I have already had several mysteries about my truck resolved. This being one of them. Thanks for the scoop.

Semper Fi!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts