Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone, just wanted to share my experience that I had. I had my rear factory body mounts start to go out so when I would hit a bump I would hear like the body and frame would bounce. I first bought body mounts on amazon and they did not fix the problem they squeaked and the ride was the same. I talked to a local lift shop and he recommend me
Energy Suspension Lift Mounts part number 4.4124 Body Mount Set - Crew Cab
Do not go and buy a kit of amazon. Stick to this Brand “Energy Suspension” they are a direct fit and will resolve the issue. Hope it help!

·
Super Moderator
9,446 Posts
Polyurethane mounts are made of a harder material (higher durometer readings) over the rubber OEM version. Guess what happens next....Increased transmission of vibration to the truck cab not to mention when/if there's any shifting of the cab they will squeak.. This will cause problems for most drivers. In the end most people just use good old OEM rubber mounts to prevent those problems.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I replaced mine on my 2011 last year and it made a HUGE difference in ride quality and noise. Got mine from Tasca Parts.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I’m planning on doing the new ones s&b is making! I have some rattles over bumps that feels like things are loose under the truck. I need to ck and see how the mounts look.

·
Registered
871 Posts
I’m planning on doing the new ones s&b is making! I have some rattles over bumps that feels like things are loose under the truck. I need to ck and see how the mounts look.
I just replaced mine with these from S&B, and man what a difference!!

This kit is a little more expensive, but well worth it.

Mark

·
Registered
122 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts