Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 2012 F-250 lariat fx4 6.7. I am looking to level the truck but run stock rims. I am wanting to hear some opinions on what is the best leveling kit (quality and ride) and what is the best tire to run on factory rim? thanks for the help.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I have heard some talk about Icon and Carli lifts. What are the thoughts on these lifts as far as quality and ride? What would my best option for a leveling kit be if I want to stay leveled when pulling a load (5k or less)? I want really wanna run anything bigger than 35s but I wanna feel the fender wells good. Any feedback would be appreciated.

·
Vendor
2,357 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,929 Posts
Just posted my pictures in that thread as well! I can tell you the only truck that rides better than mine (that I've been in) is the 2008 pictured in the thread above. The longer springs make the rear quite plush.

·
Registered
261 Posts
I run the Icon stage 2 lift with track bar and duel stabilizers on mine. Its ride great and you get 50% more wheel travel out of it. Vs a spacer type lift. I like the ride better than stock. I can't say about the Carli lift but the 2012's come with longer and wider rear springs. And its hard to see how adding more springs to the F250's spring pack would make it more plush. Just saying. 35-12.5 would run good with stock wheels. And if your not offloading much I would look at Icon Stage 1 with a track bar or Icon spring kit with Bilstines shocks and track bar.

·
Premium Member
2,929 Posts
I run the Icon stage 2 lift with track bar and duel stabilizers on mine. Its ride great and you get 50% more wheel travel out of it. Vs a spacer type lift. I like the ride better than stock. I can't say about the Carli lift but the 2012's come with longer and wider rear springs. And its hard to see how adding more springs to the F250's spring pack would make it more plush. Just saying. 35-12.5 would run good with stock wheels. And if your not offloading much I would look at Icon Stage 1 with a track bar or Icon spring kit with Bilstines shocks and track bar.

Because we remove the lower overload and the upper helper and replace them with a progressive multi-spring add-a-pack for progressive spring engagement. More comfortable in all situations and maintains factory load capacity.

·
Registered
261 Posts
See here is were it gets weird. We had at one time a large tread on the rear springs on the 2011-12 F250 - F350's. Some of us went back to the dealer and looked at all the trucks on the lot. What we found is that most all F350's had 3 to 4 +1 helper springs. On the F250's some (few) had 4 +1 helper. Some had 3 +1 helper with camper package. But most had (like mine) only 3 springs. So with that you would take off my bottom short spring and add 5 in its place. You can see were one can get confused. Ford had stated that going to the new longer wider 2 with 1 over load was to improve the ride.

F350 with Carli spring pack

Here is the F250 stock springs

·
Premium Member
2,929 Posts
We gurantee that you can carry the same payload that your truck could carry stock; therefore, we ONLY REMOVE the overload (Thick leaf on the bottom that doesn't follow the contour of the pack) and the helper (thin separated leaf on the top that hits the pads extending from the frame under load.) The main pack remains and we essentially add a progressive version of the overload to ensure you can still haul and the leaf pack is still supported but the edge is taken off your ride.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
how does this icon lift ride compared to stock? i have never leveled a truck where they didnt guarentee that it will not affect the facotry ride and everytime the trucks suspension ended up being a lot stiffer and in my opinion it rode worse. is there any way to level the truck and not have the drake in the back when under a light load?

·
Premium Member
2,929 Posts
The ICON rides better than stock but they don't adress the rear springs so it still hops. I just had a customer come in after 20 days with his ICON system and he switched to our pintop after adding our full spring pack to his ICON suspension because they didn't address the rear on his $6000 suspension system. Not bashing, take it for what it's worth...

·
Registered
261 Posts
Not saying anything bad about Carli. But lets do apples to apples Your pin top is a 4.5" lift. Not to add that the Icons come with a 4 link. Not a radius arm drop. You can add rear springs or four links to any setup. That said the OP is looking for a 2.5" kit. He has a F250 with light springs in the rear. I would say get a front spring kit, shocks, track bar with 4" blocks. At some point he can take the blocks out and change the rear springs. He is out $140 if its that bad. I can say for most that I know the F250's rear is not bad, better than other years by far. But I do know a guy that change out the whole rear spring pack and loves it.

With the progressive rate springs in the front and more travel its much better and not a stiffer ride its more confident and stable. When you make a truck level and put a load in it the rear is going to sag a little. Its has to unless your running air bags. I'm looking at adding some air bags. Its the best way to be able to adjust for a load.

·
Premium Member
2,929 Posts
Not saying anything bad about Carli. But lets do apples to apples Your pin top is a 4.5" lift. Not to add that the Icons come with a 4 link. Not a radius arm drop. You can add rear springs or four links to any setup. That said the OP is looking for a 2.5" kit. He has a F250 with light springs in the rear. I would say get a front spring kit, shocks, track bar with 4" blocks. At some point he can take the blocks out and change the rear springs. He is out $140 if its that bad. I can say for most that I know the F250's rear is not bad, better than other years by far. But I do know a guy that change out the whole rear spring pack and loves it.
Apples to apples, I was speaking of a pintop 2.5" leveling kit as I have on my truck. The 4.5" pintop was on my customer's truck who swapped from Icon; he had a 4-link but nothing rear aside from 2.5" piggy back shocks. I digress, as you're correct and that in no way correlates to OP's question. I think you'd be suprised how stiff the f250 springs are but if your budget is the constraint and you need to maintain your ability to haul, a levling kit may be the best option.

We're going to be releasing our leveling kit shortly with front leveling springs, adjustable track bar, caster kit, and bilstein 5100s (nothing in the rear). This should be under the $900 price point and will be a great budget way to increase wheel travel, ride quality and steering feel on a budget.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Apples to apples, I was speaking of a pintop 2.5" leveling kit as I have on my truck. The 4.5" pintop was on my customer's truck who swapped from Icon; he had a 4-link but nothing rear aside from 2.5" piggy back shocks. I digress, as you're correct and that in no way correlates to OP's question. I think you'd be suprised how stiff the f250 springs are but if your budget is the constraint and you need to maintain your ability to haul, a levling kit may be the best option.

The apples to apples I was talking about was the pintop to the Icon 4.5". The pin top has a better rear and the Icon has a better front.

I'm not surprised on how stiff the rear is. But the 2011-12 are far better than before. I'm only talking about the F250.

We're going to be releasing our leveling kit shortly with front leveling springs, adjustable track bar, caster kit, and bilstein 5100s (nothing in the rear). This should be under the $900 price point and will be a great budget way to increase wheel travel, ride quality and steering feel on a budget.
That's what I'm saying and it has nothing to do with budget. This setup is worlds ahead of the coil spacer route. Not everyone is going to need a full blown lift. Many just dive there rigs bone stock, budget no they feel they don't need it.

·
Premium Member
2,929 Posts
That's what I'm saying and it has nothing to do with budget. This setup is worlds ahead of the coil spacer route. Not everyone is going to need a full blown lift. Many just dive there rigs bone stock, budget no they feel they don't need it.
In the end, it's all opinion on what's better. I think OP's questions have been sufficiently addressed. :thumb:

·
Registered
994 Posts
mine haven't! haha...i want the carli leveling kit with the perks of the smoother ride!

Pay to play i reckon...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts