Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought this truck new, and it started to take the turbo out at 60000k . Of course out of the 5yr warranty. It took 3 turbos out in less then 5000k. Dealer said it was because the DPF filter was plugged.
So we had a local performance shop do it with his program. We hate how it shifts so hard from 1 to 2. He said he could change it but I don't think it made a difference when he did.
Anyway I have a H&S XRT Tuner that every time I try to load it it says "unrecognized part number" We had it on a 2014 work truck that we put back to stock before we sold it, and liked how it ran in tow.
I have always liked Bully Dog for years but they don't have a delete. In fact I use to be a dealer for them back in 99-2005.
What I am looking for is someone I can buy a tuner that would be like the Bully Dog tunes with a delete? Or get the H&S tuner to work.
Also where to buy a muffler that would tune the noise down some.
Thanks for replying.

·
Registered
887 Posts
If you haven't read the news lately delete tuning is dead and all support for said tuning is dead as the EPA shut it all down. Good luck.

·
Premium Member
4,381 Posts
If you haven't read the news lately delete tuning is dead and all support for said tuning is dead as the EPA shut it all down. Good luck.
If your willing and your intellect supports the greater effort, walk outside of PEP Boys and you will find delete support. It just takes a little more effort. Some will not be able to overcome, and that’s ok.

·
Registered
887 Posts
Don't even need to do that there are companies popping up left and right to fill the void but I wasn't going to be the one to point mr first post asking for deletes in any direction.

Reactions: jetjock15

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the reply.
Can anyone tell me why I'm getting the "part number unrecognized" on the H&S tuner while loading it?

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts