Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My 2012 F350 is making an about one second long buzzing noise every 9-13 seconds coming from transmission even days after the truck has been turned off.
Every once in a while it will stop for a little bit but starts buzzing again even if the truck hasn't been touched!
I have discovered that the buzzing will stop if I pull fuse number 46 from the under hood fuse block.
Fuse 46 provides the keep alive power for the Transmission Control Module.
With the engine off I checked the current draw across this fuse and it is drawing about 1.2 amps whenever the buzzing sound occurs.

I am also trying to figure out why my EZ LYNK stays on constantly, even days after shutdown.

These issues are killing my batteries so as a temp fix I have installed a 5 amp battery maintainer until I can get the bugs worked out.
Right now even with everything turned off I am getting a constant current draw of 3 amps!

·
Vendor
188 Posts
My 2012 F350 is making an about one second long buzzing noise every 9-13 seconds coming from transmission even days after the truck has been turned off.
Every once in a while it will stop for a little bit but starts buzzing again even if the truck hasn't been touched!
I have discovered that the buzzing will stop if I pull fuse number 46 from the under hood fuse block.
Fuse 46 provides the keep alive power for the Transmission Control Module.
With the engine off I checked the current draw across this fuse and it is drawing about 1.2 amps whenever the buzzing sound occurs.

I am also trying to figure out why my EZ LYNK stays on constantly, even days after shutdown.

These issues are killing my batteries so as a temp fix I have installed a 5 amp battery maintainer until I can get the bugs worked out.
Right now even with everything turned off I am getting a constant current draw of 3 amps!
Hello,

My guess is that the EZ LYNK is what's drawing the battery down quickly. Can you disconnect it and see if the draw goes away? You can check for a draw with a DMM set to amps in series with the negative battery cable (note: make sure all doors are closed, everything is off, and give the modules about an hour to go to sleep).

As for the buzzing noise, have you seen this thread?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The problem might be related to the OBD2 splitter cable that is installed.
The EZ Lynk simply would not power down even after days and that compiled with the intermittent 1.2 amp draw from the TCM and the .4 amp draw from the even powered down camera system it was killing the batteries!
The buzzing noise is not the typical 30 second noise right after shutdown that most people are talking about, mine was "making an about one second long buzzing noise every 9-13 seconds coming from transmission even days after the truck has been turned off."
I want to be able to have the EZ Lynk and the power steps connected at the same time so I might need to try a different splitter.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts