Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am having this same problem, what is the part name or part number I can look up to get this gasket replaced?

Just an fyi in case someone has been chasing the same coolant leak gremlins i was......
2013 6.7
so.....saw a small puddle of coolant under the truck dripping off of the oil drain plug. i checked under then the hood and noticed the primary bottle low on coolant. then i noticed a puddle of coolant in the valley on top of the engine which was running down the back of the engine, down the trans bellhousing dripping off of the oil drain plug.
well like most of us i searched online for culprits of these symptoms. everything was coming back as the coolant fitting and tube leading to the turbo. i got new parts and replaced those only to have the leak come back a few days later. well i looked and looked and finally saw coolant seeping out of the gasket section of the coolant crossover pipe on the passenger side. This leak seemed to drip down and collect in the valley on top of the engine. i picked up new gaskets for driver and passenger side (figured replace both since i'm in there). i dont have a pic of the new gaskets but on the new gaskets, the oring section is raised about .5-1mm from the the plastic base. The old gaskets were completely flat not providing a seal.
so far so good

View attachment 725285

View attachment 725287

View attachment 725289
I have a 2012 Ford F-250 6.7 and it’s been leaking coolant in the valley on top of the engine. I purchased the truck in April of last year. Looks to not have a stock turbo on it. I checked the turbo coolant line but it’s been re routed and plugged off at the cross over pipe. My question is what could be causing coolant to be collecting in the valley, it’s pooling up and burning on exhaust which I can smell. Also dripping down on front axle visibly and back the transmission area under breath truck. Any help with where to look for leak or to tell my mechanic what to look for.

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
I am having this same problem, what is the part name or part number I can look up to get this gasket replaced?

·
Registered
2 Posts
i have 2012 f250 i have same issue with crossover gasket...got all my gasket , thermostat and turbo line also incase i have to replace it, never work on diesel truck before im a little scared to do it. is it hard to do?? and how long it takes to do.. appreciate all the help

·
Registered
2 Posts
Having the same issue after my egr deleted we’re done…. It’s not throwing codes except for my coolant is low warning…. After running it around the block, it does this…. (See video) & it stops when it’s turned off. it’s. 2012 & im praying this is an easy fix….

***sorry my video isn’t the best & Im shaking cause I’m so pissed this wasn’t done right…
My work truck has 320,000 miles on her & I CAN NOT afford to replace her.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts