Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a deleted 2011 f250 6.7. I haven’t had any issues over 3 years until this morning. I drove normally yesterday, and when I got in my truck this morning it will not start. I have power, but the truck won’t even attempt to turn over. No clicks, no cranks. When I turn the key to crank, it resets the system. I’ve tried:

Both keys
Disconnecting and reconnecting batteries
Jumping the truck

Anyone have any ideas?

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
How old are the batteries?

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Check all the fuses? Something clearly happened overnight. Did you leave anything on in the truck to drain the batteries? Just because you have lights, doesn't mean it's enough to turn the truck over. What kind of tune are you running and what tuner?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I agree, something happened. It wouldn’t have run fine for 3 years and then randomly won’t crank? The problem is electrical somewhere.

I’ve got an H&S minimaxx running the canned tunes set on performance. No issues with the setup for 3 years, and the tuner isn’t bricked.

I checked for codes, none.

I’ll check the fuses when I get home. I’ve thought about returning the truck to stock and then retuning, but I want to limit using a tuner with no support to retune haha.

Any other suggestions?

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
When you turn the key on is your wait to start light come on? Or just dash lights?

·
Super Moderator
1,534 Posts
do you have a code reader? Are there any stored codes?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have the glow plug light on. Everything appears normal up until I go to crank the engine. When I actually turn the key to crank after waiting for the glow plug light to go off, the dash lights go off and nothing happens with the motor. Just completely dead from a starting perspective. Then when the key comes back to run, I’m pretty sure it cycles through again. Glow plug lights are back on, etc. just like I just put the key in for the first time. Make sense?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I’ve got an h&s minimaxx running canned tunes.

No codes stored. Interstate batteries less than 2 years old. I’m thinking maybe a blown fuse or something. It drove fine for 3 years, then all of the sudden, it won’t crank. No clicks, no cranks, just nothing after attempting to crank.

·
Premium Member
11,501 Posts
Do you have dash lights? Do the other electrical systems seem to work properly? For sure, check fuses, relays and starter wiring, but you may want to give the starter a couple of taps with a hammer first and see what happens.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes. Everything appeared normal until I went to crank the motor. All lights functioned normally, glow plug light came on, lights worked. All seemed good until I attempted to crank the motor.

I feel like it’s a fuse or something simple. I’ll have to check when I get home. I’m definitely open to ideas.

·
Registered
2 Posts
My 14 is doing the same thing. Changed oil and filter. Crank to check for leaks and drove a quarter mile. Parked again to rotate tires. 1 hour later, wouldn't crank. Same symptoms as your 11. Batteries are fairly new and show 12.4 and 12.3 volts. Checked fuses as well, but wonder about any relay issues under the hood. Just bought the truck a month ago and only has 65k miles on it. Any input will be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have a 2012 doing the same thing

My 2012 with 170,000 mile on it just did the same thing Friday. Running fine, went into a supply store, came out and would not try to crank. Tried jumping, replaced the batteries, nothing worked. Towed to my local power stroke shop. I will let you all know what mechanic finds. These trucks are very complicated and mine is becoming very expensive to drive.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Got to say the only thing i dont like about the org here is, when people join with a problem. people try n help him. we never find out the cause of the problem

1 - 19 of 19 Posts