Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have an idea on where i can find a bed conversion or how to go about doing this? Do i have to have the shorter wheel base or can i have the long wheel base and use a spacer? Any help would be appreciated :) Thanks!:icon_ford:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Not sure what kind of bed you are wanting but there is Bob King's truck beds in Boyd, Texas. They make the beds for Western Hauler.

home

·
Registered
229 Posts
In the past, at least for the Crew cab, the ones I have seen either had a spacer or a modified and extended bed. Unfortunately I cannot lead a direction to find the manufacturers. Maybe try searching in a 7.3 or 6.0 forum.

·
Registered
469 Posts
same with the 450's Ive seen.about 2 1/2or 3 inches.

·
Registered
226 Posts
The company that puts these beds on is in loiusville KY, called manning equipment I think. I had one on a 05 450 I had, you have to have the 4 inch spacer in the front, the wheelbase on a chassis cab is 4 inches longer than a pickup. It was alot of work to put one on without the kit from manning, I made my own mounting kit beacuse I found a used bed with the spacer but no mounting kit,and it was a job becuase you cant set the bed down on the frame flat, It must sit up off the frame at least an inch or so int he back beacuse of the frame rails, so all your bracket s are a differant thickness becuase the front has to be down on the frame, I tried to jsut buy the kit and they wouldnt sell it back in 05, had to have them install it and that was around 5K if I remember correct.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts