Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. I am new to this forum and I am saving up $$ and doing research on lift kits for 2011+ F250, crew, short bed, 6.7. In the rear i was just planning on OUO traction block set up for the lift. And i am trying to figure out what my best affordable, quality ride lift up front should be. I have looked into Carli, Icon, and pure. I hear good things about all but i have yet to see any Carli and Icon kits with 38" tires. The pictures i have seen look great with 37" tires but was just wondering if anyone had any pictures with 38" tires with either the Carli or Icon set ups. Issue with the pure set up is that i have only seen the one pure kit on the grey 2011 in one of the magazines and i am not seeing any kits to buy that are for the 2011 and up. I am not a hard core offroader, and it will mostly be a street queen/daily driver, but i do tow. 4 link? stick with radius arms? coil overs? stick with spring and shock? Any insight from you guys would be great as i am out to lunch with my best overall option...

·
Registered
3,752 Posts
I would go with an Icon lift kit with One Up Offroad ALA arms. It will work for different lift heights, increases your turning radius over stock, no bumpsteer, and tighter steering with no wander. Your steering on your front axle is designed around a radius arm setup not a 4-link. You will be happy with OUO ALA's... It is essentially what I have on my truck and it steers and handles awesome.

What height are you looking for? I would start with calling Marty at Trucktoyzperformance. He is a wealth of knowledge and even if you don't go that route it will be a good discussion.

·
Premium Member
2,929 Posts
If it's going to be a street queen/daily driver I would go for a Back Country or Pintop with a full spring upgrade rear. This will allow the best possible on and offroad ride and will be leaps and bounds better than stock. The 6.7 isn't capable of the type of power the 6.4 is and our full leafs will definitly keep axle wrap to a minimum; in fact, there is a video showing how minimal axle wrap is on the new trucks floating around here somewhere.

The above setup will promote all around drivabilty and you'll still be able to use your vehicle for it's intended purposes. If you need more hauling capacity after the lift, you can always add a set of our long-travel airbags and have the perfect all around setup with a compliant yet controlled street ride, ability to haul and no axle wrap!

I wouldn't do a traction block unless you're planning on huge power as they tend to fight spring articulation in the rear causing a harsher than necessary ride. A 4 link is a decent idea but keep in mind the give you more body roll as the additional leverage provided by the 4-link tends to overwhelm the stock sway bar up front. Not badmouthing, just letting you know why we elected to maintain the factory radius arm with our systems.

·
Vendor
2,357 Posts
Hello all. I am new to this forum and I am saving up $$ and doing research on lift kits for 2011+ F250, crew, short bed, 6.7. In the rear i was just planning on OUO traction block set up for the lift. And i am trying to figure out what my best affordable, quality ride lift up front should be. I have looked into Carli, Icon, and pure. I hear good things about all but i have yet to see any Carli and Icon kits with 38" tires. The pictures i have seen look great with 37" tires but was just wondering if anyone had any pictures with 38" tires with either the Carli or Icon set ups. Issue with the pure set up is that i have only seen the one pure kit on the grey 2011 in one of the magazines and i am not seeing any kits to buy that are for the 2011 and up. I am not a hard core offroader, and it will mostly be a street queen/daily driver, but i do tow. 4 link? stick with radius arms? coil overs? stick with spring and shock? Any insight from you guys would be great as i am out to lunch with my best overall option...
I can't say as if I've seen any pics of trucks with these lifts and 38's posted anywhere.

If you are looking at systems like that from Carli or Pure Performance I would stick to the engineered setup as opposed to mixing and matching things. Carli has tuned their shocks for use with their mini packs or leafs and they won't perform the same with stock leafs with or without traction bars.

Here is a guy running a Carli Pintop 2.5 kit with a tuner 6.4 truck on the Hot setting. This is going to be around 1200 ft/lbs of torque to the wheels which is more than a tuned 6.7 is currently capable of. As you can see there is still some axle wrap but the point is that there is no wheel hop. In the truck the shifting would feel solid and controlled.

Deaver Leafs - YouTube

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the input everyone. I just wish I could find someone with an icon 7" lift with 38" tires as icon states in their kit the lift works with 37 or 38" tires.

Layson....to answer your question I am just trying for around 7 or 8 inches in lift. Anything more than that I am thinking it wouldn't be practical for what I use the truck for. If I had 12k I would throw down on the OUO set up but that's a couple more toys in the garage for that price. 35" tires look bad...just personal preference. Just looking for a nice lift that will last and perform well and not hurt drive ability down the world. Just enough to clear 37" or 38" inch tires and look clean. Thanks again to the replies all. Let me know if anyone else has any input.

·
Registered
3,752 Posts
Thanks for the input everyone. I just wish I could find someone with an icon 7" lift with 38" tires as icon states in their kit the lift works with 37 or 38" tires.

Layson....to answer your question I am just trying for around 7 or 8 inches in lift. Anything more than that I am thinking it wouldn't be practical for what I use the truck for. If I had 12k I would throw down on the OUO set up but that's a couple more toys in the garage for that price. 35" tires look bad...just personal preference. Just looking for a nice lift that will last and perform well and not hurt drive ability down the world. Just enough to clear 37" or 38" inch tires and look clean. Thanks again to the replies all. Let me know if anyone else has any input.
Not talking about a full OUO kit. Just the front ALA arms and an Icon lift kit to go with your OUO traction bars/blocks. It is a great combination with zero axle wrap, no bumpsteer, adjustable for a stock truck and up, drives and handles better than a stock truck. Pretty much it is going to do everything that it isn't supposed to do. If you know what I mean... LOL

·
Registered
3,752 Posts

Check out this gallery.... there has to be one on here.

http://www.trucktoyzperformance.com/gallery/ttsearch-blue.php

Check it out there are a ton of trucks on there with that lift height you are looking for. Call up Marty and talk to him. Trust me it worth your time.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah. Will do. I am looking for more lift than 4.5". I knew what you meant. I was just saying if I had the money I would go with the full OUO set up. Front and rear.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts

I got a PMF 7" and 37's. His kit is based around icon 7" springs and rides great! If I went to a smaller wheels and more positive back spacing i could fit 38's but I like the look of a 10" wide wheel and negative back spacing. :beer:

·
Registered
3,752 Posts
Yeah. Will do. I am looking for more lift than 4.5". I knew what you meant. I was just saying if I had the money I would go with the full OUO set up. Front and rear.
Cool, LOL. :D

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Wired I have seen your truck. And your right that looks awesome. If I don't get this figured out I will probably go with the icon 7" with that look. Who is PMF? And anyone have any reviews on the bds 8". I see a lot of trucks with them.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Wired I have seen your truck. And your right that looks awesome. If I don't get this figured out I will probably go with the icon 7" with that look. Who is PMF? And anyone have any reviews on the bds 8". I see a lot of trucks with them.
His name is Trevor and goes by NotStock. He is a vendor and PMF is short for Precision Metal Fab. Give him a call and see what he has to say great guy to deal with. And on the BDS stuff it good but needs better shocks then what it comes with. The Icon spring will still ride better then the BDS spring. But I've had good luck with BDS as thats all I ran before I went to Icon then to PMF.:beer:

·
Vendor
2,357 Posts

On these newer trucks it doesn't take 7+" of lift to acheive the goal that you have set.

Here is Sage Carli's 2011 F250 with 4.5" of lift and 37" Toyo's on Walker Evans beadlocks. With the Carli King Pintop 2.5 kit this truck rides/performs better than any SuperDuty around. He offers the truck up for anyone who wants to drive it to prove that claim.

If you are still dead set on run more lift than that you should also take a look at the Pure Performance 6" Chase system with a set of their new 2 5/8" Prodigy shocks. I run the 4" system on my 08 F350 and it ride far better than stock an most aftermarket setup and clears my 37's with room to spare.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Skyd Ram...I have checked 8LUGTruckGear.com and i have looked at the pure performance lift kits but like i stated in the first post question are these kits working on the 2011+ trucks and it just is not noted as an option on the website? I am getting only the 08-10 option when looking through the kits. Again i am not aware about the compatibility between the model years and different suspensions. Like i said i like all of these kits and have heard great things just the only ones that i can actually find that note 2011+ applications are icon and carli, have not seen any pure kits that have 2011 notation on them for purchase...? Thanks for the help

·
Vendor
2,357 Posts
Skyd Ram...I have checked 8LUGTruckGear.com and i have looked at the pure performance lift kits but like i stated in the first post question are these kits working on the 2011+ trucks and it just is not noted as an option on the website? I am getting only the 08-10 option when looking through the kits. Again i am not aware about the compatibility between the model years and different suspensions. Like i said i like all of these kits and have heard great things just the only ones that i can actually find that note 2011+ applications are icon and carli, have not seen any pure kits that have 2011 notation on them for purchase...? Thanks for the help
I apologize but some parts of our site needs to be updated. Pure is in the middle of redoing all of the Ford system pictures so I haven't done the updates knowing that I will have to do them again shortly.

Pure does offer all of their kits for the 2011-2012 trucks as well as you can see on their site here: Pure Performance Catalog

They have made a few recents updates to their Ford kits as far as the blocks go plus the kits can now be had in black as opposed to silver. These changes aren't shown on their current site as they have a new one in development that should be live very soon. If you have any questions about either the Pure or the Carli systems don't hesitate to give me a ring.:thumb:

·
Registered
3,752 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts